PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and FE boats!!!

jasoncyclone
06-29-2011, 10:44 PM
I just ordered a PB mystic and was wonderin if my 5000ma 2s 20c batts will work in this boat? I am mainly worried about the 20c!!! I was told by my local HS that the draw on the batteries would destroy them??? I will be buying a set of 40-50c but would like to use these in the meantime... Thanks Jason

TheShaughnessy
06-29-2011, 11:50 PM
you can get away with them, i run 5000 20 c batts, That's 100 amps continuous discharge and the mystic won't pull too many amps in stock form.
Where at in CA are you?

jasoncyclone
06-30-2011, 12:20 AM
I am 2 hours north of SanFran... Thanks for the reply. I can't wait to get the boat. My local HS has the miss geico in stock but I chose to wait for the mystic... I hope I made the right choice.

Fluid
06-30-2011, 08:38 AM
The 20C battery will work, but just barely. From reports posted here the Mystic pulls more amps that the Miss Geico particularly with a better prop (of course it does, it has more motor in it) which may strain your packs. It is best never to run packs at their full discharge capacity, those packs (if decent quality and in good condition) should not be drawn heavier than 75 amps. I know you want to run the boat right away, and there is no reason not to do so - but use a stop watch the first time and bring it in after two minutes maximum to check the temp of the packs. The last thing you want is to start a fire the first time you run the boat. :flame42:

jasoncyclone
06-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks Fluid for the advise.... I will do check the temps like you said... I am looking to buy some Turnigy 5000ma 40c 2s batts..... I will have the new batts for the maiden voyage. I just would like to run the 20c also otherwise they will never get used...