PDA

View Full Version : Quanum 2.4Ghz Telemetry System (Volt/Amp/Temp/mAh) V2

FE_Chris
06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Thoughts? Anyone used one?

Looks like a nice way to monitor things while boating. It's cheap enough... Almost too cheap.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10343

siberianhusky
06-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Unless things have changed in a newer version the antennae you have to stick on your boat for the transmitter part is the size of the one on your TX! Big honkin plastic thing with a swivel!
Great idea but typical poor Chinese execution of the idea.

FE_Chris
06-30-2011, 11:58 AM
What about this? This should help! Looks like it would keep everything inside the hull!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10896

electric
06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
I have used it and it works great . I used the bigger antenna with no problems.

FE_Chris
07-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Nice...

Guess it's not very popular. But I dig things like this.

Brushless55
07-02-2011, 12:48 AM
I like it!
very neet to see the voltage drop under load and how much is left in your packs while running your R/C

electric
07-02-2011, 10:43 AM
I did enjoy using it, but in the end I moved to the eagletree data logger because you can do a lot more with the software. Still though, for the price, you can not beat the quantum. It always worked perfectly.

FE_Chris
07-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I like the Quanum. It has everything I want to know being displayed in real time. I think I'll pick one up rather soon. But not too soon, I just dumped 800 bucks to get back in to this hobby. I need to cool it for a minute or my wife is going to shoot me and take my debit card away!

electric
07-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes, I know the situation you describe all to well...chuckle.

1945dave
10-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Thoughts? Anyone used one?

Looks like a nice way to monitor things while boating. It's cheap enough... Almost too cheap.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10343

Chris one of my other vices is RC helicopters. The Quantum works great for both situations in my experience. I too bought the little 5 dollar thin wire antennae, like it much better for both my copters and the boats. Still never had an issue using the rubber ducky just laying in the bottom of the boat. I also have the amp/temp module and that is a good news bad news story. The good news is the temp probe works real good and is very telling while the amp section is of very little value unless you run under 100 amps. The temp probe tells a meaningful story in this respect. I use a very accurate digital reading thermometer to check temps once I bring the boat in and remove the taped down lid and think eveything is great. The temps taken then and the temps shown live differ greatly. I attribute part of this to two things. First when you are returning to the pitt you are going much slower and have almost no heat generation so the temps cool down, and second you have plenty of water flow that lowers the temps fast as well. In the final result I believe the telemetry transmitted temps are much more meaningful.

The basic battery voltage readings are great also. I tend to trust the low voltage warning signals from the Quantum but if your ESC LVC circuit proves trustworthy then go with that as sometimes I find I block out the sound alarm and that could be bad.

Dave

Banzee
10-18-2012, 01:48 PM
I ve got the quanum telemetrie , it got only 20 feet range , do i have to rebind ?

1945dave
10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
I ve got the quanum telemetrie , it got only 20 feet range , do i have to rebind ?

I doubt rebinding will change anything. It sounds to me like you have an antennae issue. Which antennae are you using? Also is your boat carbon fiber? Carbon fiber will limit or eliminate radio signals.

Dave

Banzee
10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
I got the stock antenna on the tx , but i install the display on my 4pk a tenna with the mounting bracket , low range , but i pull off and put it just a foot from the 4pk ,it work good . That s the reason why i ask if rebinding will help .

1945dave
10-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I got the stock antenna on the tx , but i install the display on my 4pk a tenna with the mounting bracket , low range , but i pull off and put it just a foot from the 4pk ,it work good . That s the reason why i ask if rebinding will help .

When I first got the Guantum I binded and rebinded a zillion times trying over come the problem with changing battery cell counts and the built in alarm for the correct low voltage warning. I had trouble getting into and saving the changes in my setup screen without rebinding. Since then I have the technique down better and haven't had to rebind since then. Still, it is an easy process and as I recall there is some confusion doing the binding exactly the way the instructions on the box tell you to. i found that for me the best way was to turn the receiver on first and then press the binding button. Once the searching message is displayed let the bind button go and then press the transmitter bind button and plug in the battery at the same time. The process happens quickly and then unplug the battery and you have just rebinded. So it shouldn't hurt anything doing this again if you want. I still think there is some other problem though since you say you have to remove the display and move it away by a foot or so. This would suggest some type on interference which shouldn't happen on 2.4 ghz, so I don't really have an answer. I would do some range testing with only the Quantum powered up. If you can walk away by 100 feet or so I would then turn on the transmitter and see if something changes. What radio frequency is your 4pk, 2.4 ghz also? that should be okay however, as that is what I have with no problems.

Dave

Banzee
10-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes it s a 2.4 ghz . No problem , i will try to rebind it the way you did and see what happen . I like this quanum because it s cheap and give monitoring of your batteries and temp but for the amp , it s have to be under 100 amps so i don t connect it .

1945dave
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
it s have to be under 100 amps so i don t connect it .

Yeah, I have the same concern, Works great in my copters though, they only pull 30 amps. One of my friends is experimenting with a shunt type bypass to divide the current. Guys do that with the Eagle Tree all the time. should work for the Quantum also but I have not tried that yet. With the shunt you could read half of the true amperage and work with up to 200 amps.

Dave

Banzee
10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh sound interesting , could you tell where or how to have , sorry but i don t what is it . I got the seaking 180a so it will be good up to 200 a .