PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette 40"

coolmind
06-28-2011, 08:27 AM
This is my electric rc cigarette boat 40".As you can see in the video in the video gallery,it runs on 6s lipo with turnigy T600 1400Kv motor,Turnigy 240A HV speedcontrol.All job except hull build made by me.Painting job,stickers,wooden deck.

martno1fan
06-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Stunning this is what i have in mind for my new cig hull the tops beautifull,did you build the hull itself from scratch?.Is the deck all wood or strips added to the glass deck.It looks fantastic thanks for sharing.
Mart

coolmind
06-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Thank you very much.The deck is made from two types of wood.Mahogany(dark)and cherrywood(bright).I bought the hull from a friend here in Greece and i did all the rest.As you can see in the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Vty9QwOJg (sorry the subtitles are in Greek)i took the idea of painting from strantcraft,and in the beginning i wanted to paint the hull with a wooden effect.But i had a problem with the paint,and after four times of painting i decided to do it realwood.....

martno1fan
06-28-2011, 01:19 PM
You did a real nice job of the deck it looks great,boat seems to run well also.The hull i have is 41" long by 13 1/2" wide,i plan on starting the new deck in the next week or so,ill do a build thread on the plug and moulding process.
Mart

coolmind
06-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Build tip.The mahogany is 5mm wide and the cherrywood 1mm,but a friend of mine that builds real deck for boats,gave me an idea and i believe that if you want to follow this you can have a better result than mine.Leave a space of 1mm between the mahogany wood and after you fill it up with black silicon for a better real deck effect.I am waiting for your thread to follow. :thumbup: