PDA

View Full Version : 5.5 mm bullet spring pressure?

Basstronics
06-25-2011, 05:05 PM
With the bigger power Ive moved into with my 25" boat Im going to use 5.5mm bullets for power.

I bought the "Polymax" from HK because I already had an order I was building. These are junk. A fly could land on a wire and pull the two apart...

So I was at the LHS and seen some Castle ones. So I bought those. I just wired an ESC up and a charge lead. It takes a LOT to get these together. I gotta pull the wires to get them apart. I pulled so hard I ripped the heat shrink off my positive and mangled the negative.

I tried to crush the male one down a bit and I went to far.

Any advice? Or did I buy another $12 worth of junk connectors?

Kinda mad. Wanted to put the boat in the water this weekend!

lectriglide
06-25-2011, 07:38 PM
I keep a nail punch in my toolbox to gently pry the male connectors apart. If you get the right size punch just a little push into the middle of the prongs and presto, tight fit.

Boaterguy
06-25-2011, 08:04 PM
A pencil or pliers to push the prongs out again.

785boats
06-27-2011, 04:37 AM
Hi there Basstronics. Long time no speak.
Hk sell two types of Polymax bullets. The KG55001 are the dodgy ones. No amount of spreading the prongs will make them fit properly. The ones I got fall apart under their own weight. no friction at all. The AM1005 are a much better one I've been told. Which ones did you get?
Cheers.
Paul.

Basstronics
06-27-2011, 06:27 AM
I got the dodgy ones and they are still dodgy... lol

I dont remember what I was thinking when I ordered them. Rolled the dice and lost on that one. What stinks are the new Castles are to strong...

Hoping to get my revamped Prince in the water this week. Shes been a good boat but Im ready to move on to a 32" Pursuit.

NativePaul
06-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Maybe try the tight CC males in the sloppy HK females and vica versa?