PDA

View Full Version : First Run - Stilleto

electric
06-25-2011, 04:48 PM
I bought a brand new one in the Swap shop that did not have any electronics/motor. So last night I put in a stock Supervee ESC and motor. Hooked up everything else and put an x440 prop on. This morning I took it for a run with some other boats I was testing out. Before I cover the handling stuff, which has been covered before. Let me say I had a great time running the boat. I ran through four 4s battery backs and really liked the way it looks going across the water. I also enjoyed the skill it taks to settle it down and get it cleanly thourgh the turn. Had a great time, and there is nothing to fix.

So here was the learning curve stuff. Rolled it early just starting out. It's odd how the prop seem to "bite" sometimes and the boat jumps out of the water and torque rolls. I remember some people talking about it being the esc, but I think is something else given I have different electronics. I learned quickly to start softly and roll the throttle on. After hooking it a couple of times, I dialed back the right hand turn EPA and then I also used the exponitial function to really dial in the turns. After those tweeks I basically ran through three more packs with no incidents.

I noticed that as you are in the last 1/4 of the turn the boat always seems to want to try and hook on you. Odd. It is almost like you are oversteering. I noticed that all my turns would tend to be a bit too much and I would have to correct back the other way. Not sure what that is, but that is the part I had to pay attention to.

My set up was as recommend by the seller. I had the engine all the way up and a bit positve on the angle of the motor. I had the battery pushed all the way up to the front.

I might prop up a bit later on, but I thought I would start with something mild and just enjoy the boat. Next time I will try and get some data on it, but I would guess mid to upper 30's.

CHIEFY_44
06-30-2011, 05:13 AM
try a prather 220 prop