PDA

View Full Version : Corrosion-X Fixed my Moonroof !!!

properchopper
06-24-2011, 02:07 PM
The moonroof on my Explorer started behaving erractically ; it would only move an inch at a time instead of opening and closing automatically. A dealer fix would be ridiculously expensive, so I pulled out the logic module and sprayed in some trusty Corrosion-X and SHAZAAM !! Works fine again. Probably not of interest to many of us, but just had to share this :thumbup1:

m4a1usr
06-24-2011, 03:28 PM
You mean like into the electronics? Or into the connector? Interesting it did work. You might be onto something Tony

John

properchopper
06-24-2011, 03:42 PM
You mean like into the electronics? Or into the connector? Interesting it did work. You might be onto something Tony

John

John, first just on the connectors; nothing. I unplugged the connectors which exposed an opening into the logic module ( which is @ 2" x 6" in the headliner) ; gave it a good spritz into the mostly sealed module as a last ditch "Hail Mary" and it began working. Who knew ? :confused2:

ron1950
06-26-2011, 04:40 PM
nice tony.....found a good use for the stuff.....i wouldnt have known to look in the overhead to find the controller.....

Brushless55
07-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Awesome!
I'm having an issue with my BMW, this could be the fix rather than a flipping huge bill...