PDA

View Full Version : whats going on nothing on the new impulse yet

arp1500
06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
we want to see a whole write up

Darin Jordan
06-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Ummmm.... OK... Here you go...

Buy it.... remove from box... Install batteries... put on a good prop... go win races! ;)

Other than replacing the contacts with 5.5's or better, that's about all that's required. :thumbup1:

jfrank71
06-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Are they on the shelves yet? Think this is going to be on the short list.

Darin Jordan
06-23-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't think so yet... I'd guess later in July. Last I heard, they WERE on the boat on the way here, but I don't know what's happening in-house (Manuals, etc.) at this point.

jac4412
06-23-2011, 06:18 PM
this will be my next pickup... perfect timing too, new job will be able to cover this like nothing.. right for summer!

Brushless55
06-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I've sold off a couple things in the past two days to roll into this mono! :banana:

Darin Jordan
06-24-2011, 12:21 AM
OK, I lied... replace the contacts, AND, I decided to do the 2-Part foam routine to the bow area, same as we normally do to the Delta Force hulls... Just a little insurance to keep it all together when undergoing the abuse it's going to take during the race season.

arp1500
06-24-2011, 10:01 PM
what 2 part foam are you talking about

Doby
06-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Expanding foam for strength and floatation.

arp1500
06-24-2011, 11:05 PM
ok like the right stuff they sell at homedepot or lowes

Darin Jordan
06-25-2011, 01:45 AM
ok like the right stuff they sell at homedepot or lowes

NO! That stuff absorbs water... The stuff I used is from the composite supply shop down the road. 2lb density 2-part foam. I don't recall the brand name.

lonneyb
08-01-2011, 10:04 AM
OK, I lied... replace the contacts, AND, I decided to do the 2-Part foam routine to the bow area, same as we normally do to the Delta Force hulls... Just a little insurance to keep it all together when undergoing the abuse it's going to take during the race season.

ok 2lb density did u just dump it in and let it expand or was there a certain way to pour it?....thanxs
http://www.aeromarineproducts.com/boat-foam.htm

Darin Jordan
08-01-2011, 10:37 AM
ok 2lb density did u just dump it in and let it expand or was there a certain way to pour it?....thanxs
http://www.aeromarineproducts.com/boat-foam.htm

I mix up a mixing cup with about 30cc or so total, and pour it down the rail seam, rolling the mixture forward towards the nose, then back again, to coat the seam. When it expands, it'll tie the seam together and hopefully just touch the deck and hull bottom. Repeat for the other side.

Don't put too much in there. I also poured some onto the underside of the deck and let it expand out across the deck underside, tying it into the foam flotation block to stiffen the deck.

Again, don't go crazy, as this stuff gets warm when it kicks, and could warp the glass, especially the ride pads, and also it can expand more when it gets warm out.

lonneyb
08-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanx Darin ...first time doing it so i want to be careful...and also did u make an adaptor or wire it direct to run 2 4s packs...cause it comes wired in series....Thanx

Darin Jordan
08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanx Darin ...first time doing it so i want to be careful...and also did u make an adaptor or wire it direct to run 2 4s packs...cause it comes wired in series....Thanx

I'll tell you what I do, but be warned that it'll likely void the warrantee... I want to finish races, so I don't care much about the warrantee...

I cut off the "Y" and just install a single contact on each lead (+/-). If I parallel the packs, I use paralleling adapters that I made and connect them at the packs.