PDA

View Full Version : Spartan Stuff in an Osprey

Snowride
06-22-2011, 05:58 AM
Well my Spartan is doing just fine unlike several others posting here. I do have several parts lying around including a spare tacon 1700, a 180 HK esc , a dual intake rudder and quite a few other things including 2 motor trays.

What do you think I would see in terms of performance if I were to install these components on an Opsrey hull running twin 5800 3s to output 6S? Plan is to make a mount for the stock Spartan tray which holds the entire propulsion system so I can just "snap" it into the osprey or Spartan in a few minutes. If there is one thing Traxxas did right, it is the removable motor tray.

Here is the hull I am talking about. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16519#

martin
06-22-2011, 09:51 AM
The Tacon motor is way to small for an Osprey, Even a Leopard 4074 that they fit in the rtr Osprey is to small. Their are a number that have used this hull on this forum using the Leopard 5692 motor on 6s with a T180 esc. The Osprey is a big boat when you see one in the flesh & much bigger than the Spartan.

Diesel6401
06-22-2011, 11:26 AM
The Tacon motor is way to small for an Osprey, Even a Leopard 4074 that they fit in the rtr Osprey is to small. Their are a number that have used this hull on this forum using the Leopard 5692 motor on 6s with a T180 esc. The Osprey is a big boat when you see one in the flesh & much bigger than the Spartan.

:iagree:

I have a Osprey and I am running a CC1717 and a CC Ice240 esc.

The setup the OP wants to run is just not going to work at all for this size of a hull. A pursuit would be a better choice for what you want to use. JMHO

Snowride
06-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the responses and as you can tell I really need help. Any other solid stable hulls I can transplant my modded Spartan guts to get performance similar in speed to my Spartan?

martin
06-23-2011, 10:25 AM
One of the most popular hulls around is one of the many versions of the 30-32" deep Vs, DF 32", Hor twister, HK Pursuit + a few more that are basically the same or simular design hulls all that work very well indeed. Their just a smaller version of the Osprey so if you like the Osprey then youll like one of these. The DF versions they have in the OSE store. Martin.

Diesel6401
06-23-2011, 11:11 AM
:iagree:

I have a Osprey and I am running a CC1717 and a CC Ice240 esc.

The setup the OP wants to run is just not going to work at all for this size of a hull. A pursuit would be a better choice for what you want to use. JMHO

Thanks for the responses and as you can tell I really need help. Any other solid stable hulls I can transplant my modded Spartan guts to get performance similar in speed to my Spartan?

Question already answered....