PDA

View Full Version : *** NEW *** Pro Boat Impulse 26 Deep-V Mono

Darin Jordan
06-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Lost in the announcement of the Impulse 31 Mono, was the release as well of the Impulse 26" Mono.

The target market for the 26" hull is the entry level, 2S user. The boat comes with basic hardware, and a standard 550 sized Brushed motor package, with reverse. Hull is ABS, and is nice quality. It comes with the standard Pro Boat 2.4 TX/RX radio system with an MR200.

Despite it's budget setup, it actually performs pretty well. It isn't super fast in it's stock form, but it'll run for a long time on a charge. 3S wakes it up pretty well also.

With a .150" sized flex cable, and nicely done strut bushing, it'll handle some power upgrades pretty nicely. I've tested it with a 2S pack and a 3000KV motor and it'll sing right along around 30mph, and it handles very well. The scale appearance makes it pretty fun as well. I was pretty surprised at how well it handles chop. 3S with the 3000KV motor is FUN. Obviously, to upgrade to a brushelss motor, you'll need an ESC as well.

I think the retail price for this package is a reasonable $169.00.

Here are some pics to give you a closer look.

Darin Jordan
06-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Hear are a few more pics...

bigcam406
06-22-2011, 01:15 AM
what kind of speeds with 8.4 nihm's? thinking about grabbing one for the gf's boy as a grad present.nice job by the way.:thumbup1:

Darin Jordan
06-22-2011, 09:43 AM
According to radar tests run by Pro Boat recently, they registered about 15-17mph on a 7-cell NiMH pack, bone stock out of the box.

I haven't tested the theory, but I am of the opinion that if someone put something like a Traxxas 20-Turn or Titan style brushed motor in there, it would likely pick up some speed. I've never bothered to test the actual KV of the stock 550 motor that comes in the Impulse 26, so I'm not sure how much power it's actually making.

That being said... any number of Brushless upgrade motors would work great in this hull. I've tested it, for example, with the rather whimpy Widowmaker BL system, and it was scooting around at nearly 30mph with that very modest setup. Hull handles really well with more power in it.