PDA

View Full Version : Race Results

Doby
06-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Well, I attended a 2 day event the past weekend (Norther Lights Open) in London Ont.

LSO was as usual a very popular class, consisting of DeltaForces, DeltaForce Knock Offs, MHZ Lizard, Miss Geico etc....8 boats total if I remember correctly.

After 3 heats on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday.....The Motley Crew finished 2nd place overall, running the stock electronics and a K48 prop. :buttrock:

eboat
06-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey John
What boat came in first ???
Who was driving it ?

BLAZE WON
06-20-2011, 07:03 PM
thats good to hear. i ran my mc last weekend in elmyra ny in a two day event . three heats were ran on saturday and one heat on sunday. i won all three heats on saturday and had to leave. i still ended up with first place.i also got to meet the division one director & he was my spotter the first race. really good guy, he is from toronto. i think that if i had 4 or 5 of these boats to sell, i would have sold them all. peoples first impressions of this boat are un real. they cant believe how good it runs & handles

Doby
06-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey John
What boat came in first ???
Who was driving it ?

Hey Dave....to bad you didn't make the trip...there were a bunch of guys from Quebec there as well.

As for who won...take a wild guess...Chris of course...as butt ugly his boats are, they are brutally fast.

thats good to hear. i ran my mc last weekend in elmyra ny in a two day event . three heats were ran on saturday and one heat on sunday. i won all three heats on saturday and had to leave. i still ended up with first place.i also got to meet the division one director & he was my spotter the first race. really good guy, he is from toronto. i think that if i had 4 or 5 of these boats to sell, i would have sold them all. peoples first impressions of this boat are un real. they cant believe how good it runs & handles

This Saturday was dead calm so it ran with the normal battery configuration...Sunday was gusty so I velcroed in a third 2S pack in front of the motor and it handeled great.:banana:

Do you know a guy named Pete Fourcier (spelling?) He's from around there and was racing this weekend with us as well.

BLAZE WON
06-20-2011, 09:52 PM
pete is the president of the club in elmira. great guy. how did he make out? when are you guys having another race? i think i will be attending the next one. my drivers liscense is about to expire and i need to get an enhanced liscense so i can get back and forth to canada. its easy to get over but not so easy getting back. you should come to the race in elmira it will be july 9&10.

Doby
06-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Pete won the OPC class but left before the tropy presentations...I think he placed 2nd in LSH as well. Really a nice guy and a good driver.

Doby
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Pete won the OPC class but left before the tropy presentations...I think he placed 2nd in LSH as well. Really a nice guy and a good driver.

We have a FE event in London in Sept,,,17/ 18th (I think) and Pete usually shows up for that as well (he did last year)

longballlumber
06-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Nice work Doby!

I am impressed that your running an 48mm prop and still getting 4min run time. What battery configuration are you running? 4S2P or 4S1P? 5000mAh? Do you have any temp info after those heats?

Do you have any CG measurments from the boat transom?

Later,
Mike

Doby
06-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi Mike;

For the race in London, it was a 6 lap race around the offshore course, not 4 minutes.

Still about 3 minutes when all was said and done with the mil lap.

Running 5800 Turnigys, 30C, 4S, no P.

Had around 32% left in the packs after each race. Probably could have squeeked another minute out of them.

Temps....Saturday was hot with no wind and the water temps felt like they were 70+ in the pond...after the race, temps were 128 on the motor shaft, 125 on the controller, batts were around 95.

Sunday was cooler with gusty winds but the temps only dropped about 3 deg on the motor and controller. On Sunday I was carrying an extra 2S pack in front of the motor to help keep her wet side down.

I have run it for a full 4 minutes at our pond with the 48mm prop with no issues, coming in with about 15% left in the packs. Most of those runs were on windier days so she was running looser.

I'll get back to you on the CG measurements.

longballlumber
06-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Great!

Thanks for the information. It’s always helpful to get feedback from others and I am always learning something new. I need to get some CG measurements off of my hull too.

Later,
Mike