PDA

View Full Version : Top flight balancer

Boaterguy
06-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I've been looking around at balancers, I think I've decided on the top flight one since it's the only magnetic balancer OSE has in stock right now.
First off:
Reviews? is it a good balancer?
2. What size prop will it balance? it doesn't say the size of the shaft it comes with.

egneg
06-20-2011, 05:08 PM
The first one is a very good balancer ...

http://kintecracing.com/Props.html

kookie_guy
06-20-2011, 05:20 PM
That's what I used to use. Then made myself the small one that OSE sells, and is out of. Personally, I didn't have issues with it. It comes with a 1/8" shaft, that really is not that precision ground, and cones to sandwich the prop in place. Cones suck, so I made my own 3/16 shaft from a hardnened ejector pin, and precision ground it myself. Works much better now.

I paid $25 for it from LHS, plus made the 3/16" pin. If you want it, $20, come and get it in Newmarket.

Boaterguy
06-20-2011, 07:00 PM
where's newmarket? I live in ottawa so...
I don't know of any machine shops around ottawa to get my own made, maybe i'll just wait for the orange one from OSE since I only want to make two orders, unless I get all of my hardware from kintec.

kookie_guy
06-20-2011, 07:03 PM
where's newmarket? I live in ottawa so...
I don't know of any machine shops around ottawa to get my own made, maybe i'll just wait for the orange one from OSE since I only want to make two orders, unless I get all of my hardware from kintec.

lol, sorry, didn't realize you were in Ottawa. Newmarket is about 20 mins north of Toronto.

Boaterguy
06-20-2011, 07:14 PM
just got back from toronto on sunday
The kintec balancer is out of stock too.