PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated beyond belief...

chadrob30
06-18-2011, 09:08 PM
OK gang, finally got everything to run, minus the stuff from Jeff....Leopard 4082/1500, SeaKing 180A, Spektrum receiver, Turnigy 3s (x2) 5000 mah 45c batteries....finally got bullets soldered on throughout, and assembled it all...got everything programmed and set up....did a low rpm test run with fully greased stock cable....motor ran about 3 seconds and slowly faded out to nothing....did this again and again and again....recharged batteries again (they are brand new and both took around 1500 mah to top off) Same thing....it starts out strong then just fades out til it stops...any ideas? Bad batteries? I'm about to *!***!***!***!**can this operation, tired of messing with it, lol.

roadrashracing
06-18-2011, 09:16 PM
is it programed right?

chadrob30
06-18-2011, 09:32 PM
is it programed right?

As far as I know it is....doing all of the programming with one hand and two batteries is a trick...I will start over from scratch tomorrow. I tried venting by running my Slashes and both of them stripped spur gears, lol. No more R/C tonight....

chadrob30
06-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Can someone walk me through what I should be doing as far as programming goes? I must be missing something...thanks.

Shaun78
06-20-2011, 06:34 AM
I have the same setup, r u using the remote to program or the program card? I use program card but, settings I use 6 cell lipo setting 6. 3.2 volt cutoff setting 4 and 15 degree timing setting 5

I have the same setup, are the bullets soldered up good? I had an EC5 with a bad connection that racked my brain for awhile.

chadrob30
06-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Using the HobbyWing program card, have it all set up just like yours...going to try again with ANOTHER set of fresh batteries and see what happens...it's gotta be something in the esc/receiver binding or not playing well with each other etc....

dana
06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Can someone walk me through what I should be doing as far as programming goes? I must be missing something...thanks.

1.plug in program card 2.plug in a battery (you dont need to plug both in to program 3.select the setting you want, then hold "ok" button till it blinks 4. unplug battery first, not program card

dana
06-20-2011, 08:31 PM
you hear six beeps when you plug in correct?

chadrob30
06-20-2011, 09:16 PM
you hear six beeps when you plug in correct?

I used the program card, got the esc programmed correctly (presumably)...I never heard any beeps at all....the boat does operate on the stand in fwd and reverse, but the motor just acts like the batteries are dying....I guess the next step is fresh batteries....don't have time tonight, thanks for helping...I will tackle this again tomorrow...

Diesel6401
06-20-2011, 10:30 PM
If your running with the cell count in "auto calucate" the lvc will prematurely kick in, it's an issue with the seaking esc's. Program your esc and manually enter the cell count and re-calibrate the throttle should take you all of 1 minute to do with the program card. Should fix the fading issue.

electric
06-20-2011, 10:57 PM
I agree with Diesel when I first got a t180 it drove me crazy with the LVC cutting out the boat. After messing with it, I finally just turned it off and no problems since.

chadrob30
06-21-2011, 08:22 PM
If your running with the cell count in "auto calucate" the lvc will prematurely kick in, it's an issue with the seaking esc's. Program your esc and manually enter the cell count and re-calibrate the throttle should take you all of 1 minute to do with the program card. Should fix the fading issue.

Thanks Diesel...I have the esc programmed via card just like Shaun78's settings above. I have two 3 cell batteries on the #6 setting....the batteries may be bad...if so, they are the second set of Turnigy's that have been crap...guess it's time to change to a different brand. How exactly do you program the throttle? I cannot find the instructions on this cluttered desk, lol...

dag-nabit
06-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks Diesel...I have the esc programmed via card just like Shaun78's settings above. I have two 3 cell batteries on the #6 setting....the batteries may be bad...if so, they are the second set of Turnigy's that have been crap...guess it's time to change to a different brand. How exactly do you program the throttle? I cannot find the instructions on this cluttered desk, lol...

Hold your throttle trigger to WOT while plugging in the second battery (power up ESC)

When ESC beeps twice, release throttle and ESC will finish arming.

Kevin

NOTE: Plugging in the battery while holding the throttle at WOT is much easier if you happen to be a contortionist. :smile:

millzee
07-03-2011, 04:19 AM
I've been trying the above now for a while with a new t180, I go through the proccess and it acts like it's done. After disconnecting the battery and then testing, it seems to have lost it's memory of me calibrating it and I have to do it again. I've set one up b4 and didn't have this trouble, what am I doing wrong this time?????????:help::help::help::confused2::help::h elp:

egneg
07-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Hold your throttle trigger to WOT while plugging in the second battery (power up ESC)

When ESC beeps twice, release throttle and ESC will finish arming.

Kevin

NOTE: Plugging in the battery while holding the throttle at WOT is much easier if you happen to be a contortionist. :smile:

I use a rubber band and a wire tie (like ones used on bread bags) to hold the trigger. Once the batteries are hooked up I just slip it off.

wilsta67
07-03-2011, 02:51 PM
get rid of the reverse gear as well ,causes drive cables to bind and break.

ray schrauwen
07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't get it... All I do is set the throttle and run them. Never had a problem yet.

spartanonfire
07-03-2011, 06:45 PM
I have one doing the exact same thing right now. It started acting that way after I got a lot of water in it. I'm thinking it runied the ESC.(you might have just got a bad ESC) I'll let you know what I find out after a little more testing.

dag-nabit
07-05-2011, 12:53 AM
I've been trying the above now for a while with a new t180, I go through the proccess and it acts like it's done. After disconnecting the battery and then testing, it seems to have lost it's memory of me calibrating it and I have to do it again. I've set one up b4 and didn't have this trouble, what am I doing wrong this time?????????:help::help::help::confused2::help::h elp:

I'm running 3 T180's in different boats. One of them looses the throttle set point every time you disconnect the batteries, apart from that it works fine. Not sure why it does this. The other two hold the programming just fine.

Kevin

dag-nabit
07-05-2011, 12:55 AM
I use a rubber band and a wire tie (like ones used on bread bags) to hold the trigger. Once the batteries are hooked up I just slip it off.

I do that sometimes as well, although a couple times I haven't got the rubber band off quick enough and the motor revs out when the ESC arms.

I'l have to try adding a twist tie to make it quicker to undo.

Kevin