PDA

View Full Version : x440 or x442 On Stock Setup

Polandia
06-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Looking to upgrade to steel prop. Dont wan to go too extreme, which one of these two would work best?

Diesel6401
06-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Looking to upgrade to steel prop. Dont wan to go too extreme, which one of these two would work best?

Both are, the motor can take a lot more prop. The x442 will yield better results, either prop isn't going load down the motor.

Polandia
06-17-2011, 11:34 PM
seems like the motor is getting a lot warmer runing this prop. Noticibly hotter than stock. Should I be concerned. (running x442)

Diesel6401
06-18-2011, 12:07 AM
seems like the motor is getting a lot warmer runing this prop. Noticibly hotter than stock. Should I be concerned. (running x442)

What's warmer? Need temperture numbers. Hot/warm/cold all different to different people. If you haven't invested in a small digital thermometer yet it is a must have tool in boating.

It's pulling a little more amps now, the stock prop is 40mm and plastic meaning it flexs under load, the metal one is 2mm larger in diameter and doesn't flex. Your cooling lines are free of blockage correct? I run a grim 42x55 on my MC and guys run larger props then I do. The motor is beast that x442 shouldnt give it any problems.

Could be a problem other then the prop, once you get actual temp numbers we can determine if it is indeed a problem or everything is running fine.

- check for binding in the drive
- gap between drive dog and strut
- cable properly lubed
- no cooling blockage