PDA

View Full Version : Spartan drive cable....

Rcforever27
06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
I have Jeffs .187 cable i'n my Spartan without a Teflon liner, will the cable run cooler? Last longer? Pros/cons? Without running a Teflon liner? Hopefully this weekend I'll have her on her first "modded" maiden voyage ..... Thanks guys!

dag-nabit
06-15-2011, 03:34 PM
In theory there should be less friction between the cable and liner due to the "slippery" properties of teflon.

Keep you cable greased well, and it should still be fine to run without a liner.

Kevin

Rcforever27
06-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Ok thanks!! Wil do and I'll keep this forum posted on how she runs......

chadrob30
06-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I have ordered the cable, collet, and prop nut from Jeff but haven't heard anything since I sent the payment...I've emailed him and he hasn't responded, how long did it take you to get your stuff from him? His things are the last items I need to complete my boat. :/

dag-nabit
06-16-2011, 07:49 PM
I have ordered the cable, collet, and prop nut from Jeff but haven't heard anything since I sent the payment...I've emailed him and he hasn't responded, how long did it take you to get your stuff from him? His things are the last items I need to complete my boat. :/

I have some items on order with Jeff as well, He does the cables as a side line and I know he is busy at work.

He has posted he is running behind on orders,but is trying to catch up as fast as he can.

Kevin

GeoVW72
06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
:iagree: Hotels are busy in the summer, just be patient. Took some time to get my cable.

George :Peace_Sign:

Jeff Wohlt
06-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Sorry gents...i am pushing hard but my 11 yr old also plays two nights of baseball a week. I try to keep my ose guys on the front of the work orders..all will be out by the the weekend

chadrob30
06-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Sorry gents...i am pushing hard but my 11 yr old also plays two nights of baseball a week. I try to keep my ose guys on the front of the work orders..all will be out by the the weekend

Awesome! I didn't realize you did this as a side job...thanks for responding and can't wait to get the stuff....:thumbup: