PDA

View Full Version : Esc blowout

Mike whiting
06-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Never seen this happen yet the esc blew up all wires melted off capacitor blew off. Smoke. Blew hatch cover off with the tape couldn't believe it. Brand new boat running 2 2s lipo 30c 42x55 prop why did this happen? I hope the motor is still good was also really hot Didn't run for more than 5 min

Diesel6401
06-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Ouch..

- Whats the mah ratings on those batts. I see the c rating but whats the mah?
- Full throttle runs? or half throttle at all?
- What brand packs?

Mike whiting
06-12-2011, 08:35 PM
5000 turnigys batteries are fine still. He was going about half throttle it stopped and then all of a sudden the hatch blew off and just sat there smoking

Diesel6401
06-12-2011, 08:37 PM
5000 turnigys batteries are fine still. He was going about half throttle it stopped and then all of a sudden the hatch blew off and just sat there smoking

Half throttle for the majority of the 5m run?

Mike whiting
06-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Dude tell you the truth it wasn't even 5 min it was like 1 min

Diesel6401
06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Dude tell you the truth it wasn't even 5 min it was like 1 min

Dang that sucks. I am sure AQ will make it right. They have a great warranty program .... Just remember if 1 out of 99 esc's fail you still have a 99% success rate. Reason I mention that is sometimes people can get frustrated and bad mouth a company over 1 failure, AQ has a great success rate and im sure they will make things right.

Life and Death and pretty much the only things 100% guaranteed......

Mike whiting
06-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Ya for sure. For now I just stripped the ul1 so I can still play

GoldSeater
06-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I have a problem getting the ESC to bind ... the ESC beeped once ... I pulled the trigger it started beeping continously ... then the throttle opened up at full speed ... I had to unplug the batteries to kill it ... AQ replaced the ESC without any issue ... the new ESC has worked great on three runs ... I LOVE THIS BOAT !!!

Mike whiting
06-14-2011, 12:56 PM
That's exactly what this one was doing and ended up burning down

GoldSeater
06-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I am now very deliberate in following the binding instructions ...
turn on transmitter
connect batteries
get one beep
pull trigger
get one beep
then three beeps.

as long as the batteries are connected you are bound to the receiver.

if it does not work as described above, I unplug the batteries, turn off the receiver and let it sit for a few minutes.

if it goes to full throttle on its own, you have to disconnect it immediately or the heat build could fry the ESC or motor.

Contact AQ tech support for a new ESC ... I told them I found a new way to go full throttle without using the transmitter ...