PDA

View Full Version : MC flexcable fix?

6sHyper
06-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi guys i just got my new power system for my MC and would like to get this thing in the water asap, I still haven't got an upgraded shaft from ose (will soon) and was wondering if anyone has had luck with the stock shaft or if theres something i oculd do to test it or "fix" it so it doesn't fail?? thanks

Steven Vaccaro
06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Run it with the stock shaft and stock prop. So if there is a problem you dont lose an expensive prop. I dont think every shaft is bad. Most of them are probably fine. But a very bad ones seem to ruin the lot.

6sHyper
06-10-2011, 12:22 AM
ok Steven thats what i'll do, you would think if it doesn't let go after a run that i should be safe to run a good prop??

I just finished my order anyhow, looks like i got the last shaft you had in stock!

peterll0
06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Hey... Lost my prop in the first 20 feet! IMO, don't run an expensive prop with the stock shaft. Both my buddy and I have lost 42-55 props.

I'm not running anything other than the stock prop until I upgrade...

Mike whiting
06-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I got 4 mc all props have came off

Steven Vaccaro
06-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Where exactly are they breaking or coming off? Are you calling AquaCraft about the issue?

GP73
06-10-2011, 04:33 PM
The real question is: why does he have 4??? Hoarder!!!

:rofl:

:just-kidding: :hug1:

Mike whiting
06-11-2011, 12:47 AM
They are coming off at the flex and prop shaft connection. 2 have fallen completely off and 2 just spun so I was able to keep the prop and so I pulled them apart and re soldered them and So far they have been fine I also bought ose flex cable for the other 2. My buddy drove his today for the first time and his prop fell off with in 20 ft. No I have not talked to aquacraft I just fixed them.
Well I got one and 4 of my buddys got the mc so we have been racing good times

slow-at-rc
06-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I just got my flex shaft from AQ I just took it apart and flipped the flex around and put it back together

davey
06-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Ive tried to explain to people on here and Lisa at MC....its the bushing and the shaft,,,there to tight together,,,causes it to bind....and then,,,,,BYE-BYE shaft and prop....fix the bushing issue ...fix the problem.......ta daaaaa

slow-at-rc
06-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Ya I ran a 3/16 drill bit through the bushing that seemed to work

99z286spd
06-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I ran 5 runs before mine came out.... the solder was not completely through the flex shaft. It didnt snap..... it just came apart.

I was running 5s with the Ul1 stock plastic 3 blade for 1 complete run (It was running awsome:w00t:). I sent it out again for second run I brought it in to check temps, I was about to put the grim 40/52 3 blade on but instead, i just finished the run when it let go.:confused1: (glad I didnt put the metal prop on)

ive got my new MC cable on the way!!:bounce:

Diesel6401
06-12-2011, 08:26 PM
I just got my flex shaft from AQ I just took it apart and flipped the flex around and put it back together

You separated the shaft from the flex, flipped the flex cable and re-attached the shaft to the flex? Am I understanding that correctly? Because if that's what you did you just made your stock CCW cable a CW cable which means the cable is going to unravel

slow-at-rc
06-12-2011, 08:47 PM
I thought about that but it won't if I put the old cable next to the new one the twist is in the same direction

Diesel6401
06-12-2011, 08:53 PM
I thought about that but it won't if I put the old cable next to the new one the twist is in the same direction

It should be like the one on the left, if it looks like the one on the right stop running that way asap.... Just a heads up...

99z286spd
06-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Diesel,
I just looked at a fresh piece of flex and it didnt
Matter either way as long as the motor still spins ccw the cable was still the same ....
Leme know what u find.

slow-at-rc
06-12-2011, 08:58 PM
It should be like the one on the left, if it looks like the one on the right stop running that way asap.... Just a heads up...

Thanks for lookin out but it is like the one on the left

Diesel6401
06-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks for lookin out but it is like the one on the left

Cool, just making sure... hate to see something bad happen.... :beerchug:

Barbossa
06-13-2011, 11:19 PM
I have checked my original flex cable and it appears okay....I am still going to buy a OSE one soon.

Just a question - After re-installation how do I now stop the Teflon tube from spinning inside the brass tube? Can it be glued?

6sHyper
06-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I have an OSE upgraded flex on order but in the meantime i seperated my flex form the stub shaft by pulling it apart! it definately would have let go in the first 20 ft i bet! I then cleaned it all with acetone and resoldered it, took it out for maiden with new power system but left stock propm she held up and seems to handle great should be way faster with new prop

Stinger9D9
06-16-2011, 06:58 PM
You separated the shaft from the flex, flipped the flex cable and re-attached the shaft to the flex? Am I understanding that correctly? Because if that's what you did you just made your stock CCW cable a CW cable which means the cable is going to unravel

If you think about it, you can't possibly reverse the "twist" of the flex cable by only swapping ends.

It would would be comparable to changing a threaded shaft from a right handed to left handed thread just by flipping it over (nut will still screw on clockwise regardless of which end you start threading it on at).

You could also take that pic of the flex cables and flip it upside down to see what I mean.

I'd run the stock flex shaft, but I really can't gamble at losing the shaft and prop on the first run. New parts - (even free replacements from Hobby Services) are weeks away up here in Canada with a stalled postal system and the local shops just don't stock boat parts - only complete boats (everyone only cares about planes and cars don't you know?)

Considering this, I'll really need to be sure of the cable before gambling on it. If I could find a nice, clear, shallow place to run the boat maybe I could retrieve the lost parts, but I can't count on that.

fallensk8man89
06-28-2011, 10:27 PM
exactly what i was gona say dosnt matter if u reverse it or not