PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of H&M maritmo cat

kin
02-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi guys , im thinking of getting the Maritimo hull and build it slowly and make it fast , but also keeping a watch for the arrival of the jolly cat too. but till than i cant wait for a fast cat , what do u guys think bout this boat and what should be its hardware and power dept be equipped ? Doesnt seem very difficult to build it for a first timer tho , unless i may be wrong . so pls do advice me before i decide to go for it or not . your feedbacks and advice r imp to me ...
And if anyone owns n has run this hul before pls show me some pics or videos so i cant get some ideas of it , have only seen 2 or 3 still pics of exterior and one video on youtube . so your contributions be well appreciated by me
thanks

Eodman
02-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Hope you can get your hands on One!I had one on order for quite awhile with a promise date of early December! Finally gave up when I had the chance to pickup a twin drive Toysport Cat!

kin
02-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Hope you can get your hands on One!I had one on order for quite awhile with a promise date of early December! Finally gave up when I had the chance to pickup a twin drive Toysport Cat!

reallyyyyy!!!!!!!! cause i see the maritimo more available than the jolly cat today , anyway im getting it from this aussie guy to ship it to singapore where i am ,dats if i decide to get em tho.. but whats your take on the hull???? irnoy i cant seem to find a jolly now lol , thats why next on line be this maritimo !!!! any advice ?

Eodman
02-13-2008, 11:40 AM
I really can't say yet! It hasn't hit the water yet! But first impressions of the hull is that it's really really nice! No flaws finish is outstanding on it!

The only thing I don't care for is joint line in the hatch cover! It runs right down the center of the cover!

Hull is super light(although that could lead to damage in blowovers) and the install job on the drive hardware is just outstanding!

Eodman
02-13-2008, 11:45 AM
I like the looks of the Maritimo also, it's just that this hull came along from one of the other members here and the price was right for me! Thanks Wicked!

Another plus is that it's a Twin drive Cat so I'm quite happy!

kin
02-13-2008, 11:48 AM
cools ~ ive yet to do some research on this hull , but so far so gd , lets see how the others got to say bout it than , this guy has more than one hull of it , so im not gonna rush to buy it yet ,

SJFE
02-13-2008, 12:22 PM
The Maritimo will need sanding and paint. H&M hulls need some finish work from what I have read.

Flying Scotsman
02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
The Maritimo is a cool looking hull and will be fast with the right setup. If you wish a better turning cat look at the wide hull US manufactured cats.This recommendation came from Fluid (Jay Turner) and he knows cats. I have 3 H & M hulls and the last one an M1 Supercat had many minor gelcoat issues. The M1 will also turn well. Better than US cats I don't know, as I have no experience with them.

Douggie

kin
02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
anyone who owns or has run this hul feel free to advice and comment , can it be converted to a single motor than double? and how fast can this hull take ?

thanks

SJFE
02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Kin there is more data on the Aeromarine Mean Machine. At least on this forum at least. If you havent commited to the Timo yet I would pick up the MM. I bet it's less expensive to setup and will turn better.

Scott T
02-14-2008, 05:51 AM
There's a couple of build threads for the Maritimo getting around.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=1645&highlight=maritimo

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/showthread.php?t=18581&highlight=maritimo

The RumRunner thread outlines a single motor build, and there's a bit of input from some European guys with some very fast and powerful Maritimos :bounce:

The Mean Machine seems to be a good cat as well, but lacks the scale looks of the Maritimo. It all depends on what you're looking for.

I've had a couple of H&M boats and the seams and gelcoat have been really good. I didn't need to paint either one.

Cheers,
Scott