PDA

View Full Version : First issue with Tactic Tx

LuckyDuc
06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I had my first issue with a Tactic transmitter this weekend. I was using my Tactic in my Nitro Sport 40 and noticed that my throttle servo (HS-85MG) was acting like it had a bad pot. I replaced it with a new one and discovered the same issue with the new servo. I switched to another Tactic transmitter and the issue was resolved. I tried the "bad" Tx in another boat and it did the same thing to that throttle servo too. :confused:

HYDROJERRY
06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
that sucks, good thing you can bind more than one rx to a single controller!!!!

Fluid
06-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Actually - it's a good thing you can bind more than one transmitter to a single receiver..... ;)

LiPo Power
06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
That is why Tactic rocks... I am sure LuckyDuc will have another one... :thumbup1:
( there will allways be some issues with electronics, from time to time )

LuckyDuc
06-07-2011, 11:01 AM
That is why Tactic rocks... I am sure LuckyDuc will have another one... :thumbup1:
( there will allways be some issues with electronics, from time to time )

I have 4 Tactic transmitters... 3 now. :o I'll most likely pick up a new one. The nice thing about these radios is that if you drop one on the floor and break it, or drop it in the water, you are not out big $$$ to replace it. Just bind it to another boat's Tx and go. Which is what I did that day at the race. If I had one high end Tx that all of my boats were on, and an accident occurred with it, I would have been up S@#t creek without a paddle.

I have the Fly Sky FS-GT3B sitting on the self too. I might give that a try. It seems a bit quirky though as you have to power down the Tx each time you switch models. I don't like the back light auto off feature either as you can't tell if its on or not.:confused2:

properchopper
06-07-2011, 11:37 AM

I have the Fly Sky FS-GT3B sitting on the self too. I might give that a try. It seems a bit quirky though as you have to power down the Tx each time you switch models. I don't like the back light auto off feature either as you can't tell if its on or not.:confused2:

I'm using the GT3B on my boats. Like it a lot, performs very well even 'tho several keyboard critics observe that such a low priced radio must be flawed ( without any hands-on experience to back up the criticisms). I don't quite understand the
power down-to-switch-models issue - can you elaborate plz ?

Here's how I dealt with the autodim making it hard to tell if on/off :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jUfxgIZxsA

HYDROJERRY
06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Well im not a big time rc guy but i have many Tactics and love them,,just my 2cents.. not to forget you can get rx's for them on ebay realy cheap!!!!

LuckyDuc
06-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm using the GT3B on my boats. Like it a lot, performs very well even 'tho several keyboard critics observe that such a low priced radio must be flawed ( without any hands-on experience to back up the criticisms). I don't quite understand the
power down-to-switch-models issue - can you elaborate plz ?

Here's how I dealt with the autodim making it hard to tell if on/off :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jUfxgIZxsA

Here is a link to the switching model issue I referenced LINK (http://www.rctech.net/forum/8992172-post1145.html)
Its not really a big deal... just quirky. The hardware seems fine, the software needs some tweaks done to the UI. Maybe there is a way to flash the firmware with updated code?

I like your dim mod Tony! Any links with info on how to do it?

properchopper
06-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Here is a link to the switching model issue I referenced LINK (http://www.rctech.net/forum/8992172-post1145.html)
Its not really a big deal... just quirky. The hardware seems fine, the software needs some tweaks done to the UI. Maybe there is a way to flash the firmware with updated code?

I like your dim mod Tony! Any links with info on how to do it?

Sean, tweaking software is beyond my abilities, but I've heard of it being done. Matt [fpsfoto] told me recently that he re-did the thang to keep the screen on longer. He may have some "ways" to deal with this & other software tweaks.

I would imagine that the autodim was configured as a battery-saver function- it takes 8 AA's in series to achieve operating voltage but only has the capacity of a single AA. I installed a 2S 2200 mAh lipo ( again with no issues even 'tho some have said that the higher voltage of the 2S pack is destructive to the Tx ). BTW I tried switching models without turning off/on the Tx and it appears that the trim settings WERE preserved. I'll play with it some more to further investigate.

I did the LED mod with a Radio Shack on/off switch, LED holder, Flashing LED & a 330 ohm resistor. Was tricky to find room inside for back of on/off switch.