PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a Mystic on order?

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Just ordered my Mystic ..I figured i love my stiletto so much the mystic should be a shoe in!!!...Anyone else have one on order?

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Measurements are different for the MG and the Mystic but people are saying its the same hull???..."On the Horizon" video says it has different steps and the website has the measurements as

Miss Geico 29 BL Catamaran 2.4 RTR Specs Length: 30 in (762mm) Beam: 11 in (279mm)

Mystic 29 Catamaran BL RTR Specs Length: 29 in (736.6mm) Beam: 9 in (228.6mm)

Darin?

ron1950
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
just different pr people they are the same i have put hands on one and its all the same hull

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Just makes me wonder whos doing the QC if the measurements are wrong right from the site....Are the Steps the same?

Darin Jordan
06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Guys... I have NO IDEA what they are saying on the Horizon or ProBoat site, but the Mystic is EXACTLY the same hull, size, shape, weight, volume, etc... as the Geico.

The major parts that changed, aside from the appearance, are the hardware, motor, ESC, battery tray length, and motor mount. HOPEFULLY, they also have updated the hatch thickness, as I had asked them to.

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanx Darin....Just needed the guy who designed it to say it hahahaha......My Stiletto is working GREAT ...Just STOCK nothing done to it...just flys across the water...still playing with setups but for me its just great!!

Darin Jordan
06-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Just makes me wonder whos doing the QC if the measurements are wrong right from the site....Are the Steps the same?

I don't think it's a matter of QC... I think it's more a matter of different people doing the measurements at different times, and perhaps not having a standard way of doing it.

You guys need to keep in mind that the ProBoat side of the house is SMALL in comparison to the other divisions (like it or not, boats just are NOT a big part of the market), and often people that normally work with cars are assigned some of the tasks such as box art, manuals, etc. So it's possible that they just used a different standard of measurement.

Don't know WHERE they are coming up with the different number of steps deal, but I've shot a letter off to my contacts there and will see if there is anything they can do to correct the confusion.

By the way... did anyone happen to notice which boat finished 4th overall in P-Limited Offshore at the 2011 NAMBA FE Nats this weekend??? :rockon2:

Darin Jordan
06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
They are already working to correct the information. Here is the listing on the ProBoat site:

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/TechnicalSpecs.aspx?ProdID=PRB4075S

Mystic 29 Catamaran BL RTR

Specs
Length: 30 in (762mm)
Beam: 11 in (279mm)
Motor Size: 1800Kv brushless water-cooled
Speed Control: 60-amp (4S Li-Po compatible) brushless water-cooled programmable
Hull Material: Fiberglass composite
Prop Size: 1.6 in x 2.5 in (Stainless Steel)
Hull Type: Catamaran
Battery: 2–7.2V Ni-MH Sub-C or 7.4V 2S Li-Po 20C+
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Is there a place we can see the results?...I just googled it with nothing

Darin Jordan
06-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Is there a place we can see the results?...I just googled it with nothing

Yup....

2011 Official Nats Results Page (http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/raceresults.pl?action=list_events&club=Wave Blasters of Florida)

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Ok Just when it says a statement like "engineered from the ground up" ..i was expecting it to be different but the hull is a winner so it makes sense to use it!

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanx Darin!!!,,,your a GREAT ambassador for Proboats!!

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Doesnt say which boat hahaha Just the driver name!!

ron1950
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
lol the mystic wasent any faster then my geigo(with the same setup) but it didnt hit the thrn 3 bouy going 40 mph in the lead...lol got to get some vision corection for deepth perception,,,,,,i did turn 11 lap heat after my hand stopped shaking and i was out of contention already ....it was kinda fun though..learned alot

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 11:47 AM
lol the mystic wasent any faster then my geigo(with the same setup) but it didnt hit the thrn 3 bouy going 40 mph in the lead...lol got to get some vision corection for deepth perception,,,,,,i did turn 11 lap heat after my hand stopped shaking and i was out of contention already ....it was kinda fun though..learned alot

So did u or someone else have a Mystic?....I didnt think they shipped yet ?.....Mine wont be here until after the 20th of June

Darin Jordan
06-06-2011, 11:51 AM
So did u or someone else have a Mystic?....I didnt think they shipped yet ?.....Mine wont be here until after the 20th of June

I sent my early sample to Ken Haines to race at the event, since I couldn't make it this year. It was stock, with the exception of new contacts, prop, and some blueprinting to the sponsons... Not sure what prop he ran, and I know he didn't have a lot of time to work on playing with it too much.

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Just AWESOME!!!....SO shes already a contender!!!

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 12:02 PM
What grit are using to blueprint the sponsons?

ron1950
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
i think he ran whatever u sent him as he said he didnt have too much time to work on it at all

from what i saw u will be very happy with your mystic right out of the box...u may play with some prop changes but other then that is ready to have fun with

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 05:44 PM
i think he ran whatever u sent him as he said he didnt have too much time to work on it at all

from what i saw u will be very happy with your mystic right out of the box...u may play with some prop changes but other then that is ready to have fun with

yah props freak me out...i have been reading waaay to many horror stories about blowing up esc's and unmelting solder hahahaha...Im stilling running my Stiletto bone stock (except i installed 5.5 mm bullets)...with a 4S 6000 mAh batt ...works great.

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 05:48 PM
I sent my early sample to Ken Haines to race at the event, since I couldn't make it this year. It was stock, with the exception of new contacts, prop, and some blueprinting to the sponsons... Not sure what prop he ran, and I know he didn't have a lot of time to work on playing with it too much.

Can u say which prop u had on it?:cool:

ron1950
06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
dont know what he had on it but try a 642 its a good all around prop....i run a 120amp esc and the 1800 in my geigo and a m545 prop and it comes in a little warm but not too bad

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Can i get the Octura x642 Dressed from someone around here?....I know nothing of sharpening and balancing props....Thanx in advance!

egneg
06-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I can do one up for you but it will be about 3 - 4 weeks (maybe longer) before I can get to it.

Chuck

lonneyb
06-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I can do one up for you but it will be about 3 - 4 weeks (maybe longer) before I can get to it.

Chuck

That would be cool ..Pm me a price as well...Also i was looking for a Prop for the Stilettto As soon as i find out what would be the best for my stock setup ill get that done at the same time...Thanx :w00t: