PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a few questions

Polandia
06-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Hey guys,

I am new to the world of rc boating having just purchased a MC.
Just had a few questions as to specific setup or precautionary measures i need to take prior to running this boat.

I have been running rc cars and planes for quite some time now so i am fimiliar with the concept of rc components and have all of the equipment required to properly maintain the batteries and electronics.

My questions are more towards initial setup and waterproofing
I noticed that the MC does not have an inner liner to double seal the hull, is there anything specific i should do to protect the electronics or to help seal the hatch?

thanks for your comments

davey
06-05-2011, 06:04 AM
get good tape

electric
06-05-2011, 06:50 AM
ALWAYS tape the hatch, ALWAYS. You will see some for sale at this site, very good tape!! It never hurts to drop your boat in the tub or pool and just press down on it a bit and check for leaks on the back end.

Diesel6401
06-06-2011, 11:10 PM
I like hockey tape for hatch tape myself.

Always remember, that boats are a different animal then cars and planes, amp loads are a lot higher so setups that work in cars and planes can be disastrous in boats... Just keep that in mind...

GoldSeater
06-14-2011, 12:58 PM
I am using white PVC tape that I bought at Ace Hardware for a couple of bucks ... it works great ... I have rolled the boat after hitting some waves, and submerged the nose a couple of times ... minimum water in the bay ... I LOVE THIS BOAT !

Polandia
06-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I have been using servo tape. It sems to work fine. Had the boat upside down for about 10 min as it floated back to me and not a drop of water in the compartment. Removes easy and no residue.