PDA

View Full Version : spartan fire

dascoadams
06-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Just got my Spartan today ran it once and the esc went up in an amazing cloud of smoke ...will traxxas fix it...... who do I talk to on here to see about a replacement

GP73
06-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your boat.

We can't help you with your warranty, since this is not an official Traxxas support forum. But I suggest you check out the Traxxas webpage for a support number and call them directly.

You're not the first to have this kind of issue, those boats have lots of problems.

dag-nabit
06-05-2011, 12:15 AM
I believe customer service/warranty contact info can also be found in the owners manual.

They will cheerfully replace he parts, just might take awhile depending on stock.

Kevin

roadrashracing
06-05-2011, 02:39 PM
1800 traxxas I think

dascoadams
06-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks for all the comments...I got in touch with traxxas and shipped the motor today hopefully I get it back soon...thanks again guys

spartanonfire
06-07-2011, 10:04 PM
a motor will be a while... going on 2 months waiting for mine.

dascoadams
06-07-2011, 10:13 PM
a motor will be a while... going on 2 months waiting for mine.

Great...more waiting

Snafujg
06-08-2011, 09:57 AM
I put a similiar post on the Traxxas forums and it got deleted.....I was at my LHS last week picking up some stuff and they had just receivd a shipment of Spartan ESC's and Motor/ESC combos. They said they were waiting for 6 weeks to get them in. One would think if a LHS can get them in stock that Traxxas would have some to send out. They didn't know if they had changed anything in them or if they were identical to the originals that went out with all the overheating problems. But at least they had some to sell.

It would be nice to know what Traxxas is planning here. I already spent another $275 on a motor/esc combo on top of the $400 I paid for the boat so I had one that actually ran more than a couple times. I got the CC 1515, Seaking 180A, aluminum cooling jacket combo. Still have the stock motor/esc too. I only ran it a couple times on stock batteries before upgrading. If anyone is interested, PM me on the stock motor/esc as I'm looking to dump them.

Good luck to all those waiting for replacements!