PDA

View Full Version : 15"Offshore Warrior mono further mods+ short run

martin
06-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Further to previous mods & runs using my usual $12 450 outrunner & $20esc,Im now using an Octura x632 detongued & cupped at tips on 3s 60c-80c lipo. I have been using for the last 8 months cheapo Chinese .098 flexes to which i do run an awefull lot of times,Only had 1 break + a couple that ended with a slight snake so to speek at the coupling end between the coupling & stuffing tube. But this was with hundreds of runs during that time also putting a lot of strain on them with the boat going in at wot a lot of times along with the prop hitting the bottom of the lake bending blades but still never broke a flex during this. So decided id try the Octura .098 flexes, The Octura certainly felt a lot more flexy & plyable to the point that the cheapo ones would stay nearly straight if you held at one end horizontally where as the Octura would bend down under it own weight a couple of inches.I didnt feel comfortable with the feel of these shafts but thought its an Octura so it must be better.Sheared the flex on the first day with just over 2 batteries of running time (2200mah). Now going to rip everything out & go to .130 flexes, Not sure if theyll be Octura though. This is the run the shaft let go on. Martin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuDAKRRtLA0