PDA

View Full Version : Rough water Pics from the weekend!

tunnelvision
06-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Here are some pics from the weekend that my friend took up in Lake George, NY. I have never run the boat in the real rough stuff before but was really really impressed. I pumped 8 packs throughout the weekend on only landed wet side up once. Setup was 3s 5000mah 35C, x640 prop and turn fins installed.

tunnelvision
06-01-2011, 11:18 AM
A few more!

MfizzleS62
06-03-2011, 01:54 PM
WOW crazy pics !!!!! Awesome still shots !!!!!
Ok we may have to have a meet I need to see your boat in action maybe a Jersey/NY meet???

Im just waiting for my new esc to come from Venom... Mine took a crap.... I was only running 16.8v nimh so much for a stock 6s capable esc

tunnelvision
06-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks! It was really fun running in that kind of water. My friend took the pics, he was trying to time every shot as it was whipping past our boat. I was extremely happy with the way they came out.

Sell that replacement from Venom and get a 80amp HV Seaking. Should work great with your setup!

Send me a pm, I am always up for running and am out on LI often as I have family/friends there.

Ty@Tekin
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
That's crazy, my P1 isn't very stable in rough water like that! I was out in water about like that this weekend and it did a full barrel roll at half throttle. I brough it in and went back later that evening when it was smooth as glass.

tunnelvision
06-08-2011, 08:22 AM
That's crazy, my P1 isn't very stable in rough water like that! I was out in water about like that this weekend and it did a full barrel roll at half throttle. I brough it in and went back later that evening when it was smooth as glass.

Do you have turn fins installed? They really help stabilized the chine walk on the boat in the rougher water. If you don't have them get them from here, the small fins is all you need.

Ty@Tekin
06-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Do you have turn fins installed? They really help stabilized the chine walk on the boat in the rougher water. If you don't have them get them from here, the small fins is all you need.

I don't yet but they should be on the way! Thanks for the info.