PDA

View Full Version : motly crew race water and speed

BLAZE WON
05-31-2011, 10:13 PM
what speeds would you need to be competetive in the p spec class the mc would be in assuming the boat could handle race water. there is a race coming up in 2 weeks in elmira ny. that i think i want to compete in. thanks in advance for any replies.

longballlumber
06-01-2011, 07:59 AM
It really depends if they are running the P-Limited class as an offshore class or as a sprint race.

I ran mine in our P-Limited offshore class (4min heats) all last year with a Octura X440/3 and 4S2P 4350mAh (8700 mAh total). I ran 2P for the weight more than the capacity. I would say my boat was doing low to mid 40's on a consentient basis. Also the batteries, controller, and motor showed no signs of heat or stress. It was a very conservative setup that got the job done.

Had I not make some poor driving decisions throughout the season, I would have won the season long point series. However, my mistakes cost me and I finished 3rd for the season. Not bad for a prototype boat in its first full season of racing.

Later,
Mike

BLAZE WON
06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
mike, the way i understand it is that there are 3 sets of races per class and they run an oval course. were the boats in your class competetive in speed ? this will be my first time racing and i want to be sure im understanding what to expect. thanks, walt

longballlumber
06-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Walt you need to find out if they are running 4min heats (count laps) or if you are racing a sprint race (6 laps usually on a 1/6 mile course)....

They require 2 different props...

BLAZE WON
06-01-2011, 09:01 PM
mike, the races are 6 lap heats so i would think i should be able to run a hot prop. tell me if im wrong

Doby
06-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Remember, "hot" props and fast boats quite often don't finish races.....