PDA

View Full Version : 2 Props in 2 days

nosreme722
05-31-2011, 02:55 PM
So I took my MG to the lake this weekend and thought it was ganna be a blast. Never expected this... :ThumbsDown01:

I broke two plastic stock Miss geico props (same as the prather 215 ive heard) in 2 days. I never actually saw them hit anything and i never hit ground or.. anything! But somehow I managed to break 2 of them in 2 days.

The first time i ran it was a little choppy and she was jumpin a bit but then i brought her in cause she was runnin pretty slow and both blades were chopped in half. Second run was perfect! very fast, smooth, and no broken prop. Third run it broke about a minute in.. and it was only one blade? Only possible explanation would b a stick or something? I have no idea.. :confused1:

sailr
05-31-2011, 03:13 PM
turtles? Gators? Nile Carp?

Buy a metal prop and end your grief.

nosreme722
05-31-2011, 03:30 PM
turtles? Gators? Nile Carp?

Buy a metal prop and end your grief.

possibly turtles, definitely no gators.. im ganna guess and say it was sticks because it was windy and there were trees and i saw quite a few sticks in the water but i dont see how it could run completely perfect in between breaking two?

sailr
05-31-2011, 05:38 PM
You missed the sticks the second run! The colder the water is, the more brittle those carbon props are. I mentioned gators cause down here in florida if it's bigger than a bathtub it has a gator in it. Wasn't sure where you're located. ;-)

dana
05-31-2011, 05:47 PM
proboat plastic props suck. period. i broke 5 in two days before i got smart and got a real prop when i first started out

dana
05-31-2011, 05:49 PM
if you over tighten plastic props, they can develope small splits that will fail under load. if you must use them, try not to tighten nut too much

kookie_guy
05-31-2011, 10:48 PM
I mentioned gators cause down here in florida if it's bigger than a bathtub it has a gator in it. Wasn't sure where you're located. ;-)

lol, guess it makes swimming out to get a flipped boat THAT much more dangerous.