PDA

View Full Version : Just recieved my new Motley Crew today

6sHyper
05-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Ok so first off i want to say thank you to Steven here at ose for once again great service and fast shipping, and a extra special thanks for helping me out with a new hatch for my df35"!!

Now for the Motley Crew boat after unpackaging it i have no choice but to voice my opinion. My first impressions immediatly were that the finish on this boat is pure crap, the silver basecoat looks like it was sprayed over 180 grit sanding, the fiberglass/putty work looks like it was done by a 12 year old chinese kid, seriously the tips of the sponsons are so ugly my wife picked it apart before i could even mention it! Obviously there was a few things to be concerned about that i already read about previous to buying it, like the flexcable and the fact that the stuffing tube alignment to motor is horrible, of course the motor mount is lose as a goose as well, but my biggest dissapointment is the finish, i dont know if i got a dud or what and for Steven please dont take this the wrong way i am in no way pointing the finger at you and i know your not the maker of this boat, but just a dealer and your service my friend is grade AAA, but i have to mention this finish issue to any potential buyers, considering this is an "Aquacraft" i expected at the very least the finish work would be great, this is absolutely the worst finish i have ever seen in a boat i have purchased.

I was planning to immediately remove the motor and esc and replace with a faster reliable 5s setup, but part of me wants to at least give this a run so hopefully i can be impressed by the performance??

LarrysDrifter
05-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Im sorry to hear of the misfortunes with the new cat. Its hard to believe the problems with this boat with me having my old UL-1 that was flawless as far as a RTR boat goes. Maybe they went with an even cheaper manufacturer in China land?

6sHyper
05-28-2011, 07:17 PM
yeah i'm not sure, but theres nobody that could sit in front of me and this boat and honestly say the finish is acceptable, its absolutely horrible, heck the red evo,apparition and genesis are waaayyyyyyyyy nicer finished. I will say from 20 ft back it looks sweeeet!! LOL heck you know what i think i'll just run this thing as is, do a prop change and get the most i possibly can out of the stock system, because if i do as i was planning and rig this thing up on 5s and i crash at 55-60mph this thing is gonna blow to pieces!! its sooo flimsy too.

Steven Vaccaro
05-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Sorry to hear this. I only have my sample to go by, it's has a couple of blems but not anything that would make me that upset. Can you post some pictures when you get a chance.

egneg
05-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I had 2 UL-1's and the gel coat left a lot to be desired on both of the boats.

ron1950
05-28-2011, 08:44 PM
someone had pics on here for there mc finish...seemed all scratched before painting

v-spec
05-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Mines freaking perfect and paint is FLAWLESS I am beyond impressed. I have not run it yet but I've swapped the motor mount around and aligned it perfect which took about 10 minutes time without bending the stuffing tube and i swapped the flex cable out, installed 5.5mm bullets and should be on the water this Tuesday.

So far I couldn't be happier and I know it'll be plenty fast with the right prop as I've run in the mid 50's with this motor in my FE30 and the motor didn't break a sweat. I'm not an RTR guy but I'm in love with the new AQ Cat!!

BLAZE WON
05-28-2011, 11:42 PM
i was one of the first if not the first person to complain about the workmanship on my motley crew. when i called the place i bought the boat from they wanted to see it. when they did they couldnt believe the terrible finish it had. they wanted the boat so they could send it back and as nice as they were they gave me another mc. the finish on the one i now have is no where near perfect but a lot better than the original. i was going to put a ul1 motor in it but like you, ive decided to run it as is and when the new ones come out in july if they are any better than the one i have im going to send it back. the boat does run surprisingly well, handles like its on rails, and with a minor prop change it ran 47 mph. the concept of the boat is very well done and it runs a lot better than i expected. im sure theyll get it rightn the second time around.

Rumdog
05-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Seems Canadians are getting boats with crappy finish, no?

6sHyper
05-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Ok heres some pics, it is really hard to capture the scratch effect under the paint, but trust me when i tell you the entire boat the paint was sprayed over what in my "professional" opinion is between 180-240 grit, i say professional opinion since i am an automotive painter by trade. There are also multiple areas where it appears they tried to fill a pinhole or a blemish with a spec of putty and of course did a horrible job of. Basically what it boils down to is the "prep" work done before paint is just absolutely horrible.

As for the design and layout i think the thought was very cool, just in my boats case very poorly executed. The only thing i would have like to see other than the obvious fact of better prep work would be a way to secure the hatch other than just tape, because theres not really even room to add hatch locks.

6sHyper
05-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Well i guess i am going to upgrade the motor/esc anyways, LOL

electric
05-29-2011, 08:32 AM
6sHyper, wow, the picture works for me, very bad finish. It seems the quality control people are out to lunch and a few of them are comming through in very poor shape.

davey
05-29-2011, 09:04 AM
have a look at my Tread,,,Dissapointed with motley crew..... I have a few pics of the scratches and the hurting finish,,,a 12 year old,,,no maybe a 5 years old did it...of all the boats I have ever bought ,,this one by far has been most agravating ...

mv301
05-29-2011, 11:53 AM
I just received my motley yesterday from OSE. I was very anxious and nervous after reading all the posts about the finish of this boat. I've waited a long time for it, and saved my pennies. For those of you who ever collected baseball or football cards- I felt like I was opening a 20 dollar pack of cards hoping to get that nice valuable player but at the same time not get the whammy of a bunch of worthless "duds" and a wasted 20 dollar bill. My heart pounded as i opened my box from OSE. I took a deep breath as I pulled it from the bag and..... PHEW! A perfect finish. SCORE! Afterwards, I realized the most important thing about this. If you're buying a high quality product from a reputable company and shelling out your hard earned cash. It shouldn't be a crapshoot, or a cause of anxiety. The company is fantastic, with fantastic customer support. I have 2 UL-1's and are my favorite boats. I know they will right this, it's just a bummer it's happening. It's almost as if they gave one guy the wrong sandpaper and he "went to town" on the hulls. ;)

6sHyper
05-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Great so there must have been 2 left at ose and you got the good one and i got the junk one, geezzzzz just my luck, LOL.

Steven any chance AC can give you a kickback and then you can give me a sweet deal on a new esc and motor for mine?? hehe, thinking seaking 180, Feigao 9xl.

7500RPM
05-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I work in a local hobby shop and received some MC boats, and when checking the ones we got they all had some major flaws on the hulls, the finish on the Super V's are much better than on the MC boats, and we already had a prop shaft let go on the first run 20 feet from shore, poor solder job on the flex shafts. I hope they correct these problems..

ron1950
05-29-2011, 10:26 PM
maybe i missed it but i dont see aq saying sorry we screewd up and will send u out new fixed shafts like proboat did with the mg when it first came out.....we all thought that was the end of the world lol.....have to admit horizon got right on it as soon as darin told em about it...maybe they will maybe they wont i guess,,,,seeems like a good boat if they can get that prob fixed for sure......

siberianhusky
05-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Interesting! Thinking the new PB Mystic might be that way to go after reading this.
Always though the paint scheme was geared towards a 5 year old, now it sounds like a good portion of them are coming with badly done ugly paint.
The mystic comes white with minimal stickers.
BTW I also hate the standard Geico scheme.
I wish manufacturers would just give you a plain coloured hull with the sticker pack in the box, you want the same ugly crap as everybody else stick them on.
Don't want a lizard boat! (refuse to advertise for a company I will never use, sponsor me if you want me to advertise for you!)
Don't want a teenage mutant ninja turtle boat ( stupid headband around the cockpit!)
Just sell the plain coloured boat!.
The SV was brilliant in this regard, came in a range of colours with stickers that peel right off so you can customize.

v-spec
05-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Interesting! Thinking the new PB Mystic might be that way to go after reading this.
Always though the paint scheme was geared towards a 5 year old, now it sounds like a good portion of them are coming with badly done ugly paint.
The mystic comes white with minimal stickers.
BTW I also hate the standard Geico scheme.
I wish manufacturers would just give you a plain coloured hull with the sticker pack in the box, you want the same ugly crap as everybody else stick them on.
Don't want a lizard boat! (refuse to advertise for a company I will never use, sponsor me if you want me to advertise for you!)
Don't want a teenage mutant ninja turtle boat ( stupid headband around the cockpit!)
Just sell the plain coloured boat!.
The SV was brilliant in this regard, came in a range of colours with stickers that peel right off so you can customize.

Sounds like you need to stick to building your own boats, My Motley Crew looks great. I'm definitely not 5 years old and I love the paint scheme!

Diesel6401
05-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Very shocking on the hit or miss finish on these boats. My boat had 1 major imperfection were they taped the hatch before the clear coat fully cured. Other then that, my boat looks nothing like the ones being posted. Amazing, sorry to hear about the misfortunes guys. I will say the finish is not along the lines of the Ul1 & the SV27 I have owned. Not sure if they have a different manufacture or what, but there are some differences vs other AQ products. On a positive note the boat handles really REALLY well and my boat does look really good. All in all I am a happy customer...

6sHyper
05-30-2011, 08:21 PM
maybe i missed it but i dont see aq saying sorry we screewd up and will send u out new fixed shafts like proboat did with the mg when it first came out.....we all thought that was the end of the world lol.....have to admit horizon got right on it as soon as darin told em about it...maybe they will maybe they wont i guess,,,,seeems like a good boat if they can get that prob fixed for sure......

Yeah, the "grimracer" guy only seems to show up to reply to the positive things, but doesn't have much to say about the negative things. I tell you what if i bought this boat from the local hobby shop it would have gone back as soon as i opened the box!! But since it came from OSE in the US and i'm up in BC, Canada it kills me to have to pay return shipping and all that.

I'm typically not a very picky customer but the finish on this hull is laughable, its ridiculously bad and i feel that i should be compensated in some sort of way, and the only fair compensation IMO would be a partial refund or something on those lines.

Doby
05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Have you contacted Hobby Services??

6sHyper
05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
No Doby i have not, how can i go about that??

Doby
05-30-2011, 08:40 PM
http://www.hobbyservices.com/contact.html

I'd be surprised if they didn't make it right.

6sHyper
05-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks Doby, i sent them an email with a few pics attached, maybe they will "make it right" but IMO telling me to send it back and replacing it is not "making it right". More of a headache than its worth, these things should have never made it out the door, where was the quality control???

davey
05-30-2011, 09:22 PM
good luck...I sent pics too...and yet nothing is done,,,they sent me another shaft and that broke too....the bushings are the wrong size and it binding as well as poor metal that won't solder.....of all 8 boats of mine ,,,I;ve never been so ripped off....350 bucks and 20 feet....................maybe they should put that on the box

longballlumber
05-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah, the "grimracer" guy only seems to show up to reply to the positive things, but doesn't have much to say about the negative things. I tell you what if i bought this boat from the local hobby shop it would have gone back as soon as i opened the box!! But since it came from OSE in the US and i'm up in BC, Canada it kills me to have to pay return shipping and all that.

I'm typically not a very picky customer but the finish on this hull is laughable, its ridiculously bad and i feel that i should be compensated in some sort of way, and the only fair compensation IMO would be a partial refund or something on those lines.

Listen, If Grim had the time to check everyone of the boats sold he would!!!! He is one of the nicest boaters/people you will ever meet. He isn't a one man show. I think it's a little unfair to put that onto one person!

As Doby mentioned, you should contact hobby services if you have an issue. They are there to help and will do there best.

http://www.hobbyservices.com/contact.html

Singleing someone out and trying to drag someone's name thru the mud isn't the right way to handle the situation.

Later,
Mike

longballlumber
05-30-2011, 09:55 PM
good luck...I sent pics too...and yet nothing is done,,,they sent me another shaft and that broke too....the bushings are the wrong size and it binding as well as poor metal that won't solder.....of all 8 boats of mine ,,,I;ve never been so ripped off....350 bucks and 20 feet....................maybe they should put that on the box

As it has been mentioned in your previous post about the flex shaft breaking, it still sounds like you may have an issue with something binding in the dive line. you've had several questions/concerns with your strut bushing. Now, I am not suggesting there isn't an issue with the flex shafts. However, I feel there are several things we can do as boaters to make sure the driveline is free before we run a new boat.

I will try and post my pictures and suggestions soon for going over a new boat before running for the first time.

Later
Mike

6sHyper
05-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Yes Mike, you are right I should not have called "grimracer" out like that, and for that i do apologize.

However someONE needs to step up to the plate and remedy this situation, and in reality this situation should never have happened, and i'm not talking about driveshafts, i could care less about that and i expect that sort of stuff from a RTR, heck i had planned to upgrade my flex, motor and esc before I even recieved mine, but the finish work on the hull is completely unacceptable and should have never been sold, now WHO is at fault for that??

siberianhusky
05-31-2011, 06:16 AM
V-Spec, i usually do build my own but if a number of people are running the same hull and power system in your club it makes a fun racing class. Thats the reason I bought an SV, I would prefer we were running DF hulls but this is our RTR class.
I've always had a thing against being one of the sheep, I like everything to be uniquely mine, be it truck, guitar or RC boat. It's easy to settle for being one of the masses, way harder in our society to be an individual.

longballlumber
05-31-2011, 07:52 AM
However someONE needs to step up to the plate and remedy this situation, and in reality this situation should never have happened, and i'm not talking about driveshafts, i could care less about that and i expect that sort of stuff from a RTR, heck i had planned to upgrade my flex, motor and esc before I even recieved mine, but the finish work on the hull is completely unacceptable and should have never been sold, now WHO is at fault for that??

Again,

Hobby Services should be your course of action.

Later,
Mike

v-spec
05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
That's exactly my point, many people are sheep with that said they will read a post like yours and think the boat is a lemon when in fact there is probably a good number really clean boats with nothing wrong just like mine.

My advice is next time you buy an RTR don't buy it online. Go to a hobby shop open the box like I did and make sure you are happy with what you are getting. I know better than to buy an RTR without seeing it before I buy and I'm willing to bet you do now too.

siberianhusky
05-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Well if people read this and say hmm the proboat comes with a better finish I'll buy that one since I don't want a boat with a bad finish then it is up to Aquacraft to to resolve the issue with the finish. I don't owe them anything, it's exactly the opposite they would owe me a boat with a flawless finish. This thing isn't cheap. I spend my money based on reviews and opinion. if 50% of the people say the finish sucks then they won't get my money. Even if I was planning on refinishing the boat, it's the fact that it shouldn't leave the factory that way!
Would you buy a new car with a rough fish eye finish on it from the dealer?
I absolutely love the SV for our club class, recommend it to people who stop by the pond and watch, but I'd feel pretty bad if I recommended this boat and the guy gets a lemon!
LOL buy from a dealer in Canada? I've haven't seen a boat in any of the hobby shops around my area for about 15 years, not even boat parts. I have to order everything on line! I'd almost bet there isn't one in stock in all of Ontario!

jjohn581
05-31-2011, 11:03 AM
I recieved my MC from OSE and the finish was very good and I am pleased with it. I did have the poor alignment of the cable and a sloppy solder job on the end too.

GP73
05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Hobby Hobby has them in stock, they are great to deal with as well.

That said I wish they had more boat parts, they carry mostly planes.

LOL buy from a dealer in Canada? I've haven't seen a boat in any of the hobby shops around my area for about 15 years, not even boat parts. I have to order everything on line! I'd almost bet there isn't one in stock in all of Ontario!

Steven Vaccaro
05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Great so there must have been 2 left at ose and you got the good one and i got the junk one, geezzzzz just my luck, LOL.

If someone got one from us that is not happy, AS long as its not used and not tinkered with, we can accept it back for a refund. Email me for details.

As for quality, my sons boat has sponson tips like yours. But it really didn't phase him after he ran it. It performed as good or better then boats that we spent $500 in parts without a paint-job.

ron1950
05-31-2011, 04:32 PM
seems i am with siberianhuskey....i dont want a 350 dollar shelf queen that throws my best props to davy jones locker...i kinda like white anyway on a boat....but then again if steven's son beats my mg by a few laps..which is entirely possable i might look into the second batch

RcFanAttic
05-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Hello everyone I am new to the site and RC boating not sure if this is the right place to post but here it goes. I got my new mc Friday and since that time I have run my boat a total of 2 min and been threw 2 prop shafts the second one which I had to by being my lhs said it was something I did. Then when my second one broke I called the lhs and they told me they would call aquacraft they callede back today and said ac told them that they haven't heard of the problem which to me seems funny whither all the threads I have read on here about them. So they told my lhs they would send them out a new one which I don't have faith in it lasting more then a min or so. I just don't understand how guys on here r saying I should check out my brand new boat and make adjustment to them when it is brand new. If I go buy a brand new car my driveshaft shouldn't snap in the first mile I belive it is the same concept Sorry this is so long just frustrated that this is my first boat and probably my last with the way this is being handeld

Rumdog
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
People seem to forget that this is a hobby. Not a toy. It should be checked out structurally and mechanically before you run it.
If there is a problem, call hobby services.

It seems nobody reads a manual any more.
I'd suggest getting an upgraded cable and not using an Aquacraft cable.

davey
05-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Well I bought mine at a hobby store...they wouldn't take it back ,,,kinda new that,,,I'm not new....and as for AQ ,,they want me to ship it back....not happening...not spending 50 bucks more...I'm on my own I guess....I just have one thing to say.......Of all my boats that I've either bought or built,,,I don't consider them toys...but as for the Motley crew,,,it is a cheap flimsy toy...with a cheap motor and cheap everything,,,,maybe my 5 year old son will like it in the bath tub....

RcFanAttic
05-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Very true I read the manual a couple of times before I took it out if I have to check everything the first time out why call it a rtr this was my first boat and not happy with it like I said if I buy something brand new I don't think I should have to take it apart and rebuild it the only good thing about this is I am learning fast how to take it apart and put it back together

LarrysDrifter
05-31-2011, 06:34 PM
I'd tell Horizon Hobby to send a call tag. The buyer shouldn't have to pay shipping for a faulty product. Also, RTR's don't need rebuilt before the maiden voyage, just checked over. No big deal.

davey
05-31-2011, 06:56 PM
YEPPERS....one would think that RTR ,,means ready to run....not, buy it,,,tear it down , rebuild it rite , then run it ,,,I didn't see that on the box....maybe in super dupper fine print...and were not blaming Mike,,,he designed it...he didn't mass produce it...the boat will work well , once you get the rite parts.......its only money,,,can't take it to the grave.

LarrysDrifter
05-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately, sometimes that's the way it goes. Build your own boats, then you know how its built and won't have to deal with what's going on now.

6sHyper
05-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Larry, you hit it dead on!!

IMO a RTR should not need to be rebuilt or anything! Lets face it RTR models are typically aimed toward the first time modeller so that being said they dont know the ins and outs and they should be able to just plug and play, what the heck is READY TO RUN if you need to rip it apart and inspect everything, it seems some of the experienced guys on here have forgotten what it was like when they got there first boat or cant seem to let it register in there head that alot of people buying a RTR boat are buying it specifically because its RTR and they dont have the knowledge to build!

As for HobbyServices i sent them an email with pictures and they wrote back this BS:

Thank you for your recent email.
The boat comes with a 90 day warranty for manufacturer defects and workmanship from the factory, from the date of purchase. You can send it in to our warranty/repair department for inspection. If you would like to do this, you can send it to:

Hobby Services
3002 North Apollo Drive Suite #1
Champaign IL 61822

217-398-0007

with a brief letter describing the problem you have had and include your shipping information, email address and a copy of your receipt from purchase. Our staff will inspect your product and will notify you regarding their findings. If it is found to be a warranty defect, the product will be repaired or replaced at our option at no cost to you.

If it is not a failure covered under warranty, we have a $20 dollar minimum if it takes less than an hour to repair. If it is more than an hour we charge $40 an hour, plus the cost of shipping and a handling fee and cost of parts. If you choose not to have any work done on it we can return it to you, but there would be a $20 inspection fee plus shipping cost.

6sHyper
05-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah do you really think i just bought a boat waited a week or so for it to show up and want to spend more money and ship it back to them and have them beat around the bush for who knows how long, then eventually send me back a new hull which will more than likely take around a month total?? Yeah probably NOT!!!

I'm not one to complain often, and as i have already mentioned the things like the driveshaft issue dont bother me, but considering the ENTIRE reason i bought this stupid boat was specifically for the hull and paint scheme yeah i'm kinda pissed that it looks like pure crap.

Again, no worries Steven, you told me right off the bat you would give me a refund, but that wont be nessasary, it wouldn't be fair to me to blow 40+ on return shipping and its really not your fault, after all you didn't make this boat. I will continue buying most of my parts and any future bare hulls (delat force etc.) from you here at OSE and I hope you make up some more upgraded flexcables once you get back from the races cause i'm going to need one! Also i am installing a T180 and a Typhoon 1800kv outrunner and also have a 9xl to try in it, and i'm sure once i run it i will be happier, well i hope so!! lol

dana
05-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah do you really think i just bought a boat waited a week or so for it to show up and want to spend more money and ship it back to them and have them beat around the bush for who knows how long, then eventually send me back a new hull which will more than likely take around a month total?? Yeah probably NOT!!!

I'm not one to complain often, and as i have already mentioned the things like the driveshaft issue dont bother me, but considering the ENTIRE reason i bought this stupid boat was specifically for the hull and paint scheme yeah i'm kinda pissed that it looks like pure crap.

Again, no worries Steven, you told me right off the bat you would give me a refund, but that wont be nessasary, it wouldn't be fair to me to blow 40+ on return shipping and its really not your fault, after all you didn't make this boat. I will continue buying most of my parts and any future bare hulls (delat force etc.) from you here at OSE and I hope you make up some more upgraded flexcables once you get back from the races cause i'm going to need one! Also i am installing a T180 and a Typhoon 1800kv outrunner and also have a 9xl to try in it, and i'm sure once i run it i will be happier, well i hope so!! lol

dood you always complain lol, youve done nothing but complain about this boat. i hope you get it in the water soon and enjoy it

dana
05-31-2011, 10:00 PM
a freind and i ran boats today and he brought his new MC. paint looked a little rough but w/e. we put a m445 on there and the thing ripped. it handles very well and turns beautiful. the best part is you cant see the sand scratches when it's blazing by. just sayin

Doby
05-31-2011, 10:26 PM
.with a cheap motor ....

Based on what???

BLAZE WON
05-31-2011, 10:31 PM
once you get the bugs out of it youre gonna love the boat. just think, you could have bought a spartan.

Stinger9D9
06-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks Doby, i sent them an email with a few pics attached, maybe they will "make it right" but IMO telling me to send it back and replacing it is not "making it right". More of a headache than its worth, these things should have never made it out the door, where was the quality control???

Contacting hobby services, paying to ship a hull back across the border and then paying duty again when a new replacement hull arrives would sure be no fun.

It's a shame about this boat. I had issues with my first SV, but since then, I have only ever bought Aquacraft boats because, let's face it, Grim knows how to design a great boat (the UL-1 is awesome).

I know AQ will make this right going forward. I just hope they do something about the finish on some of these hulls. For the guys that have them right now.

A plain white MC anyone? I guess you couldn't call it a Motley Crew then...it sure would be easy to dress up though.

Stinger9D9
06-02-2011, 06:05 PM
By the way, where are all the Motley Crew's on Tower's "scratch and dent" section with "slightly damaged paint" or "some parts missing"???

I'll snap one of those up!

bettaman
06-02-2011, 06:19 PM
That's exactly my point, many people are sheep with that said they will read a post like yours and think the boat is a lemon when in fact there is probably a good number really clean boats with nothing wrong just like mine.

My advice is next time you buy an RTR don't buy it online. Go to a hobby shop open the box like I did and make sure you are happy with what you are getting. I know better than to buy an RTR without seeing it before I buy and I'm willing to bet you do now too.

This might be hard to do when your country doesnt even stock them.

v-spec
06-02-2011, 09:22 PM
This might be hard to do when your country doesnt even stock them.

I'd consider buying something that was available there then instead. Not trying to be rude but seriously some of you are crying about something that may or may not happen or be a problem when you don't even own the boat!!

I do own one and there is nothing in the slightest wrong with mine. AQ will fix the problems more likely than not on the next batch as I'm sure they are reading this. It's a great company and they designed another great boat, give em a break. I seen one more MC running at the lake last night and it seemed fine as well.

Say they sold a thousand boats, 10 are messed up in one way or another. Flex shaft, Paint etc. 5 of those people post here complaining the other 990 people are out having a blast with their new boat with little to no problems but get this, rumor spreads all over the internet that EVERY Motley Crew is pure crap and pretty soon everybody believes that.

I don't think that's fair. Ideally everybody would get a perfect boat and all would be happy but that rarely happens with the launch of a new product no matter what country it's built in...

6sHyper
06-03-2011, 01:58 AM
I HIGHLY doubt that its only 10 in a 1000 that are bad, but i will agree with you and say that i too bet AQ does a better job on the next batch, and if they dont, well then that will speak a thousand words............................

I'm totally over the finish on my boat now, i really dont care anymore, everyone rants and raves about how well it handles so i just cant wait to finally take it out for a rip! Afterall how it handles/runs is the most important thing.

titan29
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM
just picked up my motley crew today from a lhs, and all i can say is dam this boat is sweettt. finish is awesome, no paint blemishes at all. cant wait to start tweaking this boat to do 50 plus ! imo this boat is set up extremely well. (minus the shaft) from what Ive read.

99z286spd
06-05-2011, 11:02 PM
I too am the owner of a MC with a crapy finish... Mine has loooonng scrapes or sanding strokes from 120 grit on top and bottom..... Oh well its a 50/50 job.....looks ok 50ft away or 50 mph

Barbossa
06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I received my MCrew yesterday, the finish and over all quality was poor. I am starting to accept it a little better today. Although it is a RTR, I am expecting to double check everything to make sure it is operating correctly and all is tight. These boats are not toys, and I do not think a new user should just open the box and throw it in the water; this is where things will go wrong and the user will be disappointed.

I am surprised at the poor quality control Aqua Craft has allowed to come out of the factory. I would have expected AQ would have been extra careful before this first release to make sure everything was a-ok. I will probably not buy another AQ product in the future.

jeepme
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow I guess i got lucky!!! I just recieved my MC last week and must say the boat looked great. The finish was smooth and very nice, no sandpaper like ive been reading about. The motor and shaft alignment was pretty darn close, just a small tweek of the motor mount and all was good. I did replace the shaft with Hughey, but all in all I am very happy.