PDA

View Full Version : Mini Eco Submarined

skellyo
05-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Took out my brand new Mini Eco for a quick run this afternoon and the run was much shorter than I expected. I rolled on the throttle, it went about 40ft, then took a nosedive and submarined under water. I was worried when it didn't come back up, but it surfaced again after about 2 minutes. The bad part is that at a minimum, the motor is toast. The wires on it melted. I didn't have time to check the ESC yet, but from the outside, it looks intact. I'll check it out this evening when I get some more time.

martin
05-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Did water get in to short things out or some other reason.Martin.

sailr
05-28-2011, 07:11 PM
probably burned it up when it got buried in the mud and you used the throttle. If the prop can't turn, the motor and most likely esc will burn up real quick.

egneg
05-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Hard to say ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alnIG2rDlRg

skellyo
05-28-2011, 09:11 PM
probably burned it up when it got buried in the mud and you used the throttle. If the prop can't turn, the motor and most likely esc will burn up real quick.

I let off as soon as it went nose down. My guess is that as soon as it went under water, it lost radio signal and it didn't failsafe to neutral and kept the throttle wide open (running a brand new Tactic Tx/Rx). It just sucks that it happened on the very first run.

skellyo
05-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Good news, the esc is still alive and kicking. Just tried it with another micro motor I have here.