PDA

View Full Version : Coming this week....

Steven Vaccaro
02-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Hyperion EOS 0610i Duo 6S, 10A, 180W max per port dual output balancing charger. The EOS 0610i Duo is an extremely powerful, versatile, easy-to-use charger with special features for speed charging lithium packs up to 6S (12S in Duo Mode!). Super high charge rates are possible even with the largest 6S packs, with up to 8A @ 22.2V (6S) or even up to 8A @ 44.4V (12S) when run in Duo mode! Integrated LBA10+ balancer has 300mA balance power per cell. Terminal Capacity Selection, PS Load Control, PC Dataport, and User-Upgradeable firmware round out this fantastic package. Output Charge Cord/Connector set and Hyperion Balance Multi-Adapter for 2S to 6S packs are included.

This charger is effectively two 180W capable chargers in one unit. Both chargers can be run independently from each other, so you can charge two completely different battery packs at the same time!

kin
02-07-2008, 11:41 AM
excellent charger ive got to say , cause i own one .....lol well basically im just charging my lipos with them , many funtions onboard too . will reckon its a gd buy

Eyekandyboats
02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
YES!!! great Steven! excellent.

sjslhill
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Nice charger!

Steven Vaccaro
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
The dual charge is a huge feature for lots of us! I cant wait to test one out.

Eyekandyboats
02-08-2008, 08:15 AM
one thing i was never sure on. . . . how do i charge in series with only one balancer?

Steven Vaccaro
02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Once I have them in I will give it a try.

sjslhill
02-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Kinda pricy though.......you can buy 2 AC/DC chargers for the price of this one.

SJFE
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. In my case I have an O606I already. Just add another one and I'm good. I gota admitt I prolly would have bought this had it been avalable. I will need another 606 with the number of packs I have now.

Darin Jordan
02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Kinda pricy though.......you can buy 2 AC/DC chargers for the price of this one.

Think about it for a minute though.... You are getting TWO BIG chargers... TWO LBA10 balancers... and the adapters.. Plus these are AC/DC chargers...

At $50.00 each for the balancers... That brings the price of the TWO chargers down to $169.95... That doesn't seem to bad to me... AND, you only need to plug in ONE charger instead of two...

Hmmmm... I just convinced myself... I'm going to get TWO of them!! :w00t:

kin
02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Think about it for a minute though.... You are getting TWO BIG chargers... TWO LBA10 balancers... and the adapters.. Plus these are AC/DC chargers...

At $50.00 each for the balancers... That brings the price of the TWO chargers down to $169.95... That doesn't seem to bad to me... AND, you only need to plug in ONE charger instead of two...

Hmmmm... I just convinced myself... I'm going to get TWO of them!! :w00t:

gd choice and well logically said ~ lol

Eyekandyboats
02-08-2008, 07:16 PM
yes but like i said before. people running 2p, will want a 8S or a 4S charger to charge there 4s2p or 2s2p packs. . . If this charge can not charge 2s2p(4s1p when charging with two sperate packs) then what the point. . . one charger is as good as a 51 ACDC with two LBA's.
on the other hand if it can!! THE AWESOME

Darin Jordan
02-08-2008, 07:27 PM
yes but like i said before. people running 2p, will want a 8S or a 4S charger to charge there 4s2p or 2s2p packs. . . If this charge can not charge 2s2p(4s1p when charging with two sperate packs) then what the point. . . one charger is as good as a 51 ACDC with two LBA's.
on the other hand if it can!! THE AWESOME

Taylor... I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here... could you clarify, because it sounds like you are under the impression that you can't charge 4S2P or 8S packs with this charger???

This Hyperion unit can charge 1~6 cells Li-Poly, Li-Ion or A123 (LiFePO4) Per Port , so up to 6S2P on one charger... That's pretty sweet... and more than most of us need... I usually have 4-chargers going on a race weekend... One 1210i, and three ICE chargers, and I've been charging my 2S2P packs while still in parallel without using the balancers during the day... then rebalance in the evening... so far so good, but not the best way to go...

I'm thinking of getting two of these chargers and keeping the 1210i for anything over 6S... If you think about it... Even most of our up to 12S packs are made up of two packs in series... so one could do up to 12S1P with a single 610i-Duo... That's pretty sweet...

sjslhill
02-08-2008, 08:13 PM
You get balancers with what I had in mind....

HP-EOS616I Integrated (built-in) AC/ DC Hyperion LBA balancer 1~6 cell Li-Poly, Li-Ion or A123 charger / balancer 1~14 cell NiCad / NiMH 6S, 6A, 50 watts 10 User-definable Memory Positions Includes 2S~6S balancer multi adapter.

The Duo is not AC/DC....it is good though, not saying that.

Darin Jordan
02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
The Duo is not AC/DC....it is good though, not saying that.

Steve... You are right... It's listed incorrectly on the site I was looking at...

I'm still going to get one.... I'd rather carry and plug in one thing than two... ;)

Eyekandyboats
02-08-2008, 09:02 PM
okay Darin i understand what you are getting at. but i am saying
the Duo, can charge TWO 2s packs at a time. there for charging 2s2p.
I run 2s2p in N2 mono. and i use a 5I ac/dc to charge my two 2s packs in a 4s1p configuration with TWO LBA balancers
still with me ?

NOW. if this DUO is two chargers in one.
then i want to charge TWO 2s packs in 4s mode ( much like i said above) how do i connect the balancing taps to the two packs???????? I cant becuse there is only one balancer in each "charger"

there for making the one charger of the DUO into half the charger my 5Iac/dc was
still with me ?

THEN i have to put the other 2s pack on the other side . . . . to charge my packs for N2 mono. . . .
THERE FOR making this DUO take TWO chargers to do the same job that my 5I ac/dc did with two separate balancers

ALSO this is DC, so i need to find a good p/s as well

get me ?
:) LOL darin sorry it i just kinda you know. . well yes you know we are boat racers who over explain and talk to much! Ahahah

sjslhill
02-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, you will be carrying a Power Supply as well, so I guess that equals two.

Anyhow, the Duo is a good charger, just wish it sold for $230 or something.

Raydee
02-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I have one and Love it....Sorry Steve I just couldn't wait for you to get yours in. When I buy my second DUO I will be ordering from you for sure.

Steven Vaccaro
02-08-2008, 10:32 PM
No problem Ray. I'm always a bit behind the curve. I don't like selling something until there is some field data or I try it myself.

Another thing Ray, it must be nice not to have to find a different balance tap wire for each different pack. I cant wait to get my hands on one.

Raydee
02-08-2008, 10:40 PM
The ONLY feature I miss on this charger is the Discharge feature. My 1210i had it and I used it to cycle new Lipo's to break them in. Its not a big deal but I do miss it. The ability to charge two different packs and also be able to start one pack and the second pack at any time all in the same charger is great. One thing that I haven't been able to find any info on so far is if you can use the built in balancers as stand alone balancers like you could on the LBA balancers. The manual is pretty vague on stuff like that.

Darin Jordan
02-08-2008, 11:52 PM
then i want to charge TWO 2s packs in 4s mode ( much like i said above) how do i connect the balancing taps to the two packs???????? I cant becuse there is only one balancer in each "charger"

I see what you are saying now... There IS a way to make a balancing lead, however, that will let you balance charge TWO 2S packs in series (4S1P) using ONE balancer pluged into the 4S adapter... I have one of the adapters that Brian made for me, and am getting ready to order the parts to make my own for 2-2S packs, and 2-3S packs... That's as high as you can currently go, however, due to the tap configuration...

In my opinion, however... all this paralleling stuff will be mute in another season... once the 40C stuff is available... there won't be any need.... :thumbup:

Darin Jordan
02-09-2008, 10:06 AM
There IS a way to make a balancing lead, however, that will let you balance charge TWO 2S packs in series (4S1P) using ONE balancer pluged into the 4S adapter...

Guys,

I made a sketch of what the adapter I'm talking about looks like for both two 2S or two 3S packs... This allows you to charge TWO 2S packs, wired in series, and use a single balancer... Looks to the charger like it's a 4S pack... (well... it actually IS a 4S pack... just with two 2S balancing taps...)... Same with two 3S packs...

This diagram represents the PolyQuest style taps... I'd have to do more research to figure out the other style taps...

WARNING though!!!! You MUST, MUST, MUST connect the packs to the charger EXACTLY as show... with the red balancer tap (the one that goes all the way to the adapter plug) on the SAME pack that you are using for the positive power lead... Otherwise... POOF! Take the responsibility to understand what you are doing before you plug this in... and double check before you do...

Make sure also that your packs are at equal levels and equal condition before you start doing this... But that's just common sense and no different than with NiMH cells... so you should already know that...

Otherwise, this works great for me so far...

Here is the sketch... You'll need PowerPoint to view it: Two 2S packs as a Single 4S pack balancer adapter (http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/RC/4S1P_from_two_2S_Packs_Adapter.ppt)

Darin Jordan
02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Here is a picture of the two 2S to 4S adapter for those of you without Power Point...

http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/RC/Two_2S_as_4S_Adapter.jpg

Hope this helps...

mike martin
02-16-2008, 11:19 PM
yes you can use it as a stand alone balancer i have 2 of the 0610i net chargers connect the net cable you have a 1210 with higher wattage