PDA

View Full Version : center of gravity

blindbay
05-23-2011, 09:16 PM
does anyone have a measurement as to where a good CG is for running on fairly calm water? Weight of battery pack is not an issue. there should be a measurement. say from front of battery compartment to front of battery pack.

Fluid
05-23-2011, 10:21 PM
The weight of the pack certainly IS an issue as it will effect the boat's final CG. CG is usually measured from the back of the sponson ride surfaces. Battery position depends on the weight of the pack and the weight distribution in the hull itself. Not all RTRs have the same weight hull, some have a bit more weight up front or aft, depending on how they were assembled.

The Stiletto I ran worked well with the CG @ 27%, but that will depend on the depth and angle of the prop shaft as well as the motor and prop.

ron1950
05-25-2011, 01:01 AM
there is a very long thread here somewhere called stiletto race setup ..darin designed it and he said somewher in there where the cg is....allthough i cant see where u can go wrong with the cg on the stiletto as batteries only fit in there one way stacked in front of battery compartment

CHIEFY_44
05-28-2011, 02:07 AM
i run 4s1p 5000 nano techs in my stiletto and the back of them are flush with the esc tray.

blindbay
05-28-2011, 07:35 PM
thanx chiefy 44 I will try that.