PDA

View Full Version : Electric Jet Sprint

ib456
02-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Here are a few picture of my recently finished electric jetsprint.

Powered by Graupner 700 9.6v race. with a Graupner jet unit.
Astro Flight 207d ESC
EP 9.6v 3300 battery.
Semi waterproof steering servo.. (filled with silicone and new seals)

Run time... not long... about 7 minutes maybe 10 at most.

It is usable but still needs to be prettied up... and have a splash guard over the jet unit so on shap turns it doesnt push water over the transom and into the hull..
Also needs to have the rear lip sanded as it hasnt been since someone piled on the glass cloth.. looks terrible... but nothing that stops it from working...

Thoughts: not fast enought. might go to 14.4v tho I am unsure of the amp draw at this stage. Want to keep it under 30-35 so i dont burn the motor out. Tho if I do I might just keep an eye out for a .21 nitro marine engine.
Very quiet, not used to electric's. It is good, can use anywhere... unlike my 27cc mono.

treystoys
02-08-2008, 01:28 AM
That 9.6 700 your using would probably handle 2 of those batteries your running in series. We used to run the 8.4 700s on 12 cells, some would even run 14 with no issues. The 9.6 will go for a tad more voltage than the 8.4...I never did understand why graupner labeled their 700s like that.

Double your cell count and let us know how it works!

Trey

Ocean Racer
02-09-2008, 01:36 AM
if u are going to run 1 batt ur going to have to lay it across the width of the hull. try to place it as close to ur cg as possible to get the best ride at high speed and a more stable one to.

ib456
02-11-2008, 03:49 PM
I cant lay it across the hull, it is too long to go under the shaft.. so to sort this I am going to run a couple of 7.2's and will try to find another 9.6v pack to run two of them as well... it goes well with 1 9.6 but keeps sucking stuff up into the jet... so need to make a grill and may need to move the water pickup as well as it does work but it only dribbles out... shouldnt be too hard to change...