PDA

View Full Version : New boat...kapooof!

Threadlocker
05-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Brand new p1 box stock save for a x 640 prop. On 3s..fun times..motor and esc not even hot..after a bit I let her set.. Then on 4s ran for about 10 min..checking every little bit temps.. 115-120 I'm assuming these were safe temps.. Then in the midlle of about a 3 minute session..poof..smoke every where. One of the cells in the battery exploded..

It was a turningy 5000 4s . I'm going to assume the battery was just bad...? It was brand new and that was its first run..

I was able to get it to shore and out of the boat before it caused any damage. Just smoked every thing up.

Is it possible that the battery was just bad...I put my 3s back in and everything seems fine

Any known issues with the stock electronics on these units?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks
Steve

Fluid
05-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Did you check the balance of the 4S packs before you ran them? If one cell was a lot lower voltage than the others it would have overheated and blown. Or there may have been a bad cell in the pack. Turnigy packs are cheap but it is well known that occasionally they will have a bad cell from the factory.

/

MfizzleS62
05-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Def a bad battery... Ive been temped myself on those packs but always end up with quality rather than quantity...

Lucky nothing happened to the Precious P1...

get a 4s Hyperion 35c !!! I just ordered one for my P1 but for now Im using 2x 8.4v NIMH batterys in series and the boat is holding up really well... good temps....good power decent run time...

Threadlocker
05-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas!

Steve