PDA

View Full Version : Hobby King......

LiPo Power
05-20-2011, 09:53 AM
:ThumbsDown01: :ThumbsDown01: :ThumbsDown01:
Here is my conversation chat script trying to get any info on order that is over 10 months old and one of the recent orders. It is making me purchase no more from them, for real... This time it was only below 30 minutes chat but trust me, over the past 10 months I have copies of several chat scripts wasting hours with them with no resoults. No idea why am I still concidering spending money there... Maybe becouse they still have my over $215.00 product that is waiting for warranty exchange since 3/9/2010 !!!!!
DO NOT SENT ANY WARRANTY ITEMS BACK TO THEM or bye bye for who knows how long...
This chat was is only another of my million chats i have done with them trying to get my item or money back with no sollution...
Or is it just me?????
Here it is:

You are now chatting with : Zoe
Zoe: Hi, how may I help you?
You: hi
You: When will this order ship out xxxxxxxx?
Zoe: One moment please while I check your Order.
Zoe: we will send back item #xxxxxxx from order#xxxxxxxx in this order.
Zoe: with this order
Zoe: the warranty item is in China
Zoe: we will ship it to Hong Kong
Zoe: and then send the order
You: The question was when will you ship this out please?
Zoe: We will send you an automatic email with a tracking number as soon as the parcel is dispatched from our warehouse.
Zoe: there will be a little delay
You: I understand all this but you still avoiding to answer my question which is when will you ship this out? My last order delay was and still is over 10 months so could you please answer my question?
Zoe: We will send you an automatic email with a tracking number as soon as the parcel is dispatched from our warehouse.
You: When?
You: Zoe, can you please tell me when?
Zoe: sorry, we are not sure about the time
Zoe: if we say tomorrow, you will be happy, but it may not be true
You: ok what about my order xxxxxxxxx?
Zoe: we are waiting for the news for your case#xxxxxxxxx
You: ok great, how much longer, we are waiting since 3/9/2010 ?
Zoe: sorry for the waiting
Zoe: we are sorry for we are not sure about the time
You: no problem, thanks, how much longer?
You: Super, thanks for your outstanding help, bye...
Zoe: we will request our supplier to give us the news as soon as possible
You: Thank you but I am getting the same respond for the past over 10 months and still no sollution???
Zoe: sorry, for we do not have the news

So there you go... With them is only one way street and I like to get you guys aware if it....
Thanks god there is OSE .....

m4a1usr
05-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I can relate 100% with you. My order for some lipo sacks is now almost 3 months gone by and still one of the items I ordered still shows back ordered. 3 months and they cant get it in stock? We're not talking something complex like a custom built motor or electronics. I wont be dealing with HK for my wants any longer. Either they have gotten too big to care about customer service or they are being severly mismanaged. What ever the reason, I think they will suffer the same fate as those in the past. Regular customer base will errode and dissatisfied customers like us will post their comments on line for all to see. I hope you see your items sometime soon.

John

siberianhusky
05-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Can't wait to see Diesels testing of some of the cheaper packs available from N.A. retailers.
Sounds like some of the packs have some potential if you can replace the wires with something bigger.

properchopper
05-20-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm generally happy with HK, but recently when I got some 5.5's that were NOT THE ONES PICTURED, I e-mailed them. Now they want pictures from me so they can contact their supplier to check out the situation. They DO have the other part number ones in stock that are the ones pictured and all I asked for was an exchange but after I clearly pictured the issue to them they want more evidence. All for a f'ing $3.99 bag of connectors. They do huge business in all categories of r/c and must have a mountain of claims, but their customer service, while I'm sure is flooded with claims, needs substantial improvement.
OTOH I'm in contact with a local [CA]supplier of budget battery packs and hope to have some (good) news in that area soon.

crrcboatz
05-20-2011, 10:54 AM
They have good prices on some things like lipos but between your experience and the horendous shipping costs I will not buy from them any more. Had the same experience on a back order of a jet unit and they had almost $400 of my money. Ended up taking a credit, bought some batteries and said never again.
U CAN TAKE THIS OLD HORSE TO A DRY WATER HOLE JUST ONCE
Spending some time on the net I have found some places to get lipos good ones mind you for about what u pay in cost + shipping with HK. They arrive in a few days and u r done with it. That to me is worth the warranty mess, back order mess, robbery shipping costs, and long wait to get stuff.
Also, the few dollars difference on stuff I buy here at OCE and 2 other American vendors assures me someone in the USA is there to talk to, email, and most of all going to be spending my money with another American. Ok off the soap box no more to be said here, the old fart is through. lol :zip-up:

ray schrauwen
05-20-2011, 11:34 AM
So they are holding your money hostage because they will not front money to Heifei for a new SF240?
Instead you wait forever because Heifei takes forever?
Very sad, and I will not buy another esc from them if that is the case.

Just curious if it was a 240 esc?

LiPo Power
05-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I had orders beeing shipped to me in the past within 11 days!!!
So some of them came in fast so that was ok. I am just very dissapiointed about their customer service and how well they are aware of where staff is... To me looks like they have some knowledge of how to sale staff but that is where it ends. For me also, I am done with them...
Please post some links here for good LiPo price!!!

LiPo Power
05-20-2011, 11:36 AM
BINGO brother!!!!!!!!

Can not even get credit.....
This ESC was sent back to them the same day it was received, Lemon!!!
I am soo pist off.....

So they are holding your money hostage because they will not front money to Heifei for a new SF240?
Instead you wait forever because Heifei takes forever?
Very sad, and I will not buy another esc from them if that is the case.

Just curious if it was a 240 esc?

bbill1
05-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Spending some time on the net I have found some places to get lipos good ones mind you for about what u pay in cost + shipping with HK. They arrive in a few days and u r done with it. That to me is worth the warranty mess, back order mess, robbery shipping costs, and long wait to get stuff.
Also, the few dollars difference on stuff I buy here at OCE and 2 other American vendors assures me someone in the USA is there to talk to, email, and most of all going to be spending my money with another American.

OK

So where do you get your lipo's and who are the other two vendor's? :popcorn2:

PDR447
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
OK

So where do you get your lipo's and who are the other two vendor's? :popcorn2:

I'm guessing hobbypartz? http://www.hobbypartz.com/

their prices are decent with free shipping too. only problem is that if you're in CA sales tax kills the deal a bit.

FighterCat57
05-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Just an FYI, if you have a warranty problem with them, open a paypal case to accompany it. Otherwise it will be too late. If they ask why, inform them of just that, if the case is not opened, then it will be too late to have any recourse if there is more than 60 day delay.

There are a bunch of eBay scams which pre-order items and then after 60 days, just disappear. Nothing you can do about it.

I have a case opened since last year about an ESC that blew up on the bench, they said send it back, so I did. They say they are always waiting for update from the MFR. When I contacted the MFR, I was told HK didn't send anything back for warranty, ever. They did not offer a warranty to HK, so was never a possibility. When confronted HK denied it and said they are waiting for the MFR I must have contacted the wrong person.

Simply put, they don't offer a warranty. SOMETIMES there have been people that have had honored warranty, but it is not been reliable.

Again, open the paypal case immediately if the item is defective. Paypal will refund your money under their buyer protection program. I did this exact thing with a defective battery. HK denied receiving the package with the battery, so Paypal refunded the battery cost.

Scary stuff ordering overseas. It's not retail service, that's for sure. Keep your end covered.

crrcboatz
05-20-2011, 02:14 PM
This guy sells good quality lipos at prices I think are good considering the c rating on them which is what i want to spend my money on from now on. As you can see he has closed for a few days because of vacation but I will post some links too to his

batteries.http://stores.ebay.com/got2gorc?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I will monitor and let you know when he returns. He sells 40+c rating and up only in several voltage ranges and mah ratings.

Here is the other one and yes it is hobbypartz.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/batteries.html

everything else OSE, HOR, fighter cat, and one gas site i still use gizzmos.

GP73
05-20-2011, 02:16 PM
The stupid thing is: they are big enough to replace the ESC at their own cost, instead of losing customers like this.

kola
05-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Rule of thumb with hobbyking is its all good and well untill you have an issue and have to contact "customer service" its something you have to accept that if you get bad luck with your order your better off just accepting it and moving on then trying to get it corrected.

Fluid
05-20-2011, 04:37 PM
The stupid thing is: they are big enough to replace the ESC at their own cost, instead of losing customers like this.
How do you know how "big" they are? Do you know what margins they consider acceptable? No, none of us do. They have low prices because they keep their overhead low. Replacing items at their cost increases their overhead. Their "size" makes no difference, it is their margins that matter. If they replace hundreds of thousands of dollars of defective equipment at their cost each year they lose. Margin must be preserved.

Customers will always be driven to Hobby King and their ilk by the low prices they advertise. They can afford to lose lots of customers, the world is a big place and most consumers are preoccupied with cost rather than value anyway. Consider the statement below, which is repeated ad nauseum on this and other hobby sites:

"Item X is so cheap I can afford to buy two of them and throw one away if it doesn't work!"

ron1950
05-20-2011, 04:57 PM
they speak english at hobbyking...they just dont understand it lol

FighterCat57
05-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Customers will always be driven to Hobby King and their ilk by the low prices they advertise. They can afford to lose lots of customers, the world is a big place and most consumers are preoccupied with cost rather than value anyway.

Well stated.

The cheap route almost always costs more in the long run. It's hard to find that "value" and still attract the customer.

HK buys in large quantities and sells with little profit margin in USD. They make quite a bit of money exploiting the exchange rates and low cost of Chinese products. They also have good connections in China, which is a big plus in getting products at a lower cost.

I've talked to a few companies that deal with HK. They all say the same thing. HK Buys in bulk, large quantities and negotiates low cost per item.

They buy their boats by the container full, which reduces shipping costs per item as well. Makes it very hard to compete, but that's another topic entirely.

Buying from HK is risky compared to retail purchases in the states. We have become accustomed to many customer friendly companies in the US, whereas many overseas companies aren't that customer friendly. It's just not in their thinking to take responsibility for the customers handling of products.

Thanks in part to consumer rights groups and a sue happy public, we're really spoiled in the US with our expectations of the buying experience.

dana
05-20-2011, 09:48 PM
HK fellates cattle. period. i opened a dispute with my bank and got my money back. horrible customer service. im sure if youre in china its no problem. i get extremely turned off by bad customer service. ill stick with ose,kintec and hobbypartz, and of course OSE members

crrcboatz
05-21-2011, 12:57 AM
they speak english at hobbyking...they just dont understand it lol

PRICELESS!!:iagree:

jingalls007
05-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Pay now or pay later!

Simon.O.
05-21-2011, 03:59 AM
I have bought a lot of gear from HK and do so with the idea that it may be good and I keep it or it may shiate itself in which case I bite it and chalk it up to experience!
I will still buy from them as there are few providers in NZ for lipo and BL gear.

ray schrauwen
05-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Same thing with Canada.

Dragboatdad
05-21-2011, 09:40 AM
I buy from the USA warehouse with good results. Orders are shipped from Washington state and arrive 3-5 days with low shipping costs. Of course the inventory is smaller but they do have a lot of lipos.

SweetAccord
05-21-2011, 11:17 AM
I have told HK since they now have a US location that they need to ground that by carrying the same items and that would solve many of their current issues. Hopefully they will listen as it will be in their best interest.

BakedMopar
05-23-2011, 12:43 AM
I buy from the USA warehouse and HK but never had to send anything back so I can't comment on that BUT. I have had some BAD customer service with a few USA dealers. Paypal saved my but with them.

LiPo Power
05-23-2011, 02:34 AM
It is cool as long as the street is one way in....
They simply have no customer service. Trying to show they have it but its on the internet so no one will ever see it to make sure its for real and any normal business would have sollution for platinum customer waiting for over 10 months....:ThumbsDown01:
They suck.....big time...:thumbsdown:

LiPo Power
07-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Check this one out:

You are now chatting with : xxxx (Customer Service)
xxxx: Hello there! Please provide me your Order ID number (If any) and request/concern briefly.
You: what voltage is this battery please?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=11936
xxxx: 11.1V
You: is it 4S or 3S?
xxxx: it is 4 Cell
You: than it should be 14V right?

...and chat was disconnected!!! ?????????????

They say on the site this battery is 4S but showing voltage of 11.1 and $52.00!!! Good price for 4S nanotech but I do not like the voltage of it.... I am sure its 3S but they are not!!!??? What alse is new???

Fluid
08-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Yes, an older thread, but I was looking at the HK site to view a motor that a poster had a question about, and this window popped up:

"Warranty: Other stores will force you to ship the product back to China in full retail packaging every time!
Hobbyking's warranty service is professional, fair and fast."

siberianhusky
08-23-2011, 08:23 AM
FYI To Canada at least
two 2s 5300mah 30c gens ace batteries from hobbypartz are cheaper shipped than two 2s 5000mah 25c nano-tech shipped from HK. You save it on the shipping not the battery price as the Gens Ace do cost more, but saving is saving! And I get them quicker.
I've been running the gens ace in spec setups with no problems so far.
Cells have arrived well balanced to storage voltage.
I also have some Enerlands that are the same age, be interesting to see which give up first, considering one brand is twice the price

iamandrew
08-24-2011, 04:39 AM
I havent been impressed with the shipping times of my last HK orders. the usual wait with normal post is 1 month at the minimum, and about a week for someone there to actually get the item and post it.
Ive had great buying expereinces with AMain hobbies, but they dont stock hardly any boat parts

LiPo Power
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Well folks, I am still waiting for HK to get all approvals to find the way out of this for me!!!!
2 years now....
HobbyKing customer service sucks and its a one way street joke....

iamandrew
01-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Just do something dirty
Order $1000 of gear, then say it didn't turn up and do a pay pal dispute :S

JIM MARCUM
01-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Prices are great & 2-3 weeks shipping time is OK, as long as you don't have a problem. If you do have a damaged boat or a combined order that includes an item "out of stock" you may have a big problem. HK's customer service sucks. Their standard response is "Please send us pictures of the shipping box & label, pics of the dammaged item" blah blah blah. I had to reopen a case twice over a broken Legend sailboat boom/mast mount. They closed my first case & hadn't done a thing. I opened another case with the original case number & got the standard reply - AGAIN. I went postal and wrote back - in all caps of course - saying the issue is NOT SETTLED, and that I was a very unhappy customer. Thre reply was they would get the broken part from thier vendor & send it to me. Then they closed the case again!

The moral of this story is: I will continue to buy through HK - boats, batts & motors. HK is great on prices. Shipping is OK. But don't include anything in an order thats "not in stock" cuz nothing will be shipped until it comes in. If you get a dammaged item, take pictures of the shipping container & label, and the damaged part. You'll need it. ALWAYS use Paypal so you stand a chance of getting your money back if HK drags it's feet. JIM

LiPo Power
01-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Yes! You are right.....
If I would only have a chance to visit them......
Bunch of non english speeking morons.....

Prices are great & 2-3 weeks shipping time is OK, as long as you don't have a problem. If you do have a damaged boat or a combined order that includes an item "out of stock" you may have a big problem. HK's customer service sucks. Their standard response is "Please send us pictures of the shipping box & label, pics of the dammaged item" blah blah blah. I had to reopen a case twice over a broken Legend sailboat boom/mast mount. They closed my first case & hadn't done a thing. I opened another case with the original case number & got the standard reply - AGAIN. I went postal and wrote back - in all caps of course - saying the issue is NOT SETTLED, and that I was a very unhappy customer. Thre reply was they would get the broken part from thier vendor & send it to me. Then they closed the case again!

The moral of this story is: I will continue to buy through HK - boats, batts & motors. HK is great on prices. Shipping is OK. But don't include anything in an order thats "not in stock" cuz nothing will be shipped until it comes in. If you get a dammaged item, take pictures of the shipping container & label, and the damaged part. You'll need it. ALWAYS use Paypal so you stand a chance of getting your money back if HK drags it's feet. JIM

JIM MARCUM
01-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks Robert. That's the second time I've been right this year. JIM

cuppa
01-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Glad I have never ordered anything from them. I tend to stick to smaller suppliers and pay a little extra to get good customer service. Based on the comments here I would never use HK for anything. Life is way too short to deal with folks who just don't care about customers.

iamandrew
01-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Yeah its hard to say though whether or not that is the solution.
E.g. Hobbyking Heat shrink, $1 a M
Local hobby shop, or battery world, $10 a M..... :S

TINY
01-11-2012, 04:09 AM
You buy from HK because they are the cheapest hands down.. As for their size they have just opened 3 shop fronts in australia and in a dying LHS industrie they must be doing ok....

I mean seriously, Turnigy lipos for 32 aus when the cheapest at your local is 119aus.. Why not gamble???

Personally HK is crap and the owner is a smart aussie making plenty of money with buying power and cheap labour.. hence tech support being so great....

Never once had a problem with them.... Funny everyone bitches about them but late at night when no one is watching they place their orders... lol

LiPo Power
01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I never said I will not gamble buying from them.
I will but from now on with caution on what products will the gamble be about.
From now on I will make my purchase knowing and understanding
That I can not ask them to stand behind what they are selling.
Ill get lipos and if one is dead, too bad...
Again, to me they are good source for some staff but only one way street
I wish we have store like that in our area here in Canada.

QUOTE=TINY;383703]You buy from HK because they are the cheapest hands down.. As for their size they have just opened 3 shop fronts in australia and in a dying LHS industrie they must be doing ok....

I mean seriously, Turnigy lipos for 32 aus when the cheapest at your local is 119aus.. Why not gamble???

Personally HK is crap and the owner is a smart aussie making plenty of money with buying power and cheap labour.. hence tech support being so great....

Never once had a problem with them.... Funny everyone bitches about them but late at night when no one is watching they place their orders... lol[/QUOTE]

Make-a-Wake
01-11-2012, 02:04 PM
If you buy ten $30 items and one is bad/broken as an example, you just paid $33 buck for 9...........still a great deal. Just one way to look at it.

TINY
01-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Wasn't aimed at you bud, just a coincidence we chose the same word.. all good

I never said I will not gamble buying from them.
I will but from now on with caution on what products will the gamble be about.
From now on I will make my purchase knowing and understanding
That I can not ask them to stand behind what they are selling.
Ill get lipos and if one is dead, too bad...
Again, to me they are good source for some staff but only one way street
I wish we have store like that in our area here in Canada.

QUOTE=TINY;383703]You buy from HK because they are the cheapest hands down.. As for their size they have just opened 3 shop fronts in australia and in a dying LHS industrie they must be doing ok....

Never once had a problem with them.... Funny everyone bitches about them but late at night when no one is watching they place their orders... lol[/QUOTE]

jamespl
01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
I've had an issue with HK and lipos. Filled out the warrant code and contacted them. I haven't heard back! The only thing is we get ripped off for everything in the UK and it's hard to find places that stock turnigy batteries and decent prices.

TINY
01-11-2012, 05:32 PM
rclipos.com

can't beat them for race packs.. Hyperion and free shipping

Make-a-Wake
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
I've had an issue with HK and lipos. Filled out the warrant code and contacted them. I haven't heard back! The only thing is we get ripped off for everything in the UK and it's hard to find places that stock turnigy batteries and decent prices.

Cant you order from the German warehouse.............is there direct communication with them or does it all go thru H Kong?

Doby
01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
rclipos.com

can't beat them for race packs.. Hyperion and free shipping

No such thing as free shipping...its in the price of everything when they say that.

TINY
01-11-2012, 11:13 PM
No such thing as free shipping...its in the price of everything when they say that.

Mate, how they sort their pricing is their choice i'm just quoting what they offer..

If you do a comparison with another three hyperion suppliers and include the shipping i bet they will still be in front and they are so damn fast. He's based USA, packs come via Dim Sim and i get them at my front door is AUS in 5 day's??? Seriously good service and reliable..

6BOOST
01-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Agreed with Tiny, I didn't find cheaper prices for Hyperion batts anywhere than rclipo's and he shipped to Australia for free, can't beat the service. Whether the shipping is included in the price or not is irrelevant unless they are dearer than everyone else which they arent=P

6BOOST

siberianhusky
01-12-2012, 08:18 AM
6$ more from rclipos for a 5050 2s Poly pack than Hobbyking, Hobbyking then adds 10$ shipping. SO free shipping or not RClipos IS CHEAPER than HK for the same pack.
Now try returning said pack to HK for warranty
So you DO PAY MORE AT HK for the exact same product with no customer service.
Plus I get the packs inside a week from RClipos.
So I'm not sure why the big stink repeatedly about no free shipping, I've seen the same post from the same person many times before. Who cares RClipos is cheaper than HK to your door for the exact same product by 4$ and if you have a problem it will be taken care of.
You pay the listed price and no surprises when you check out.
You add another 2s pack and the shipping jumps to 26$ or half the price of another battery shipped from RClipos.

Doby
01-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Because there is no such thing as free shipping...pretty simple, and if making a smple comment like that is a "big stink", wow, you are one Canadian that needs to lighten up.

This thread has gone from a controller warrenty issue to a LiPo price /shipping discussion. And agreed, if you can get the same product for a similar price locally, go for it...but don't be fooled for a moment when stores offer free shipping, the biggest scam ever.

siberianhusky
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Every time somebody comments about rclipos shipping policy you pop up with the same comment, No Free Shipping. I'd say somebody else needs to lighten up if the semantics of a pricing policy drive you to obsess and repeatedly comment about it.
Cheers

Doby
01-12-2012, 12:12 PM
My comment has nothing to do with RC LiPos....read it again..people just happen to mention "free shipping" when refering to them. Please stop obsessing about my apparent obsessing (in your mind) with that topic.

JIM MARCUM
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
You guys should stop obsessing over obsessive obsessions. JIM

Doby
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
This is getting obsessive!

LiPo Power
01-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Guys, maybe someone here, instead of redirecting my thread wrong way, would have any ideas who I should contact or what to try, to resolve my issue with this morons from HK??? The sooner I get my money the sooner I will be able to pay my fees to the el Treasurer at my club office next meeting...

Doby
01-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Good Point!

TINY
01-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Guys, maybe someone here, instead of redirecting my thread wrong way, would have any ideas who I should contact or what to try, to resolve my issue with this morons from HK??? The sooner I get my money the sooner I will be able to pay my fees to the el Treasurer at my club office next meeting...

Sadly LP i think any more time spent trying to recuperate is futile.. Do you have some kind of department of fair trading over there.. Probably not worth the hassle unless we are talking big bucks but could be an avenue.. Or maybe a scary letter from lawer.. Not email or phone... just an idea if you want to ramp it up a notch..

LiPo Power
01-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Excuse et moi but in what way is your comment connected with my thread?
I know where the LiPos are, here and there....
My problem is the HobbyKing scam of $250.00 on me.... What would you do?

Best new batteries by far and they are here in the U.S.A.! A little more than the HK batteries but far superior and very nicely priced. In addition, they charge ACTUAL shipping costs here in the U.S.A. which is reasonable.

www.haiyinstore.com

LiPo Power
01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
SAILR same to you buddy...
How can you help here with my issue?

Joe Smith, one of the hottest 3D pilot in the sport, is using Haiyin batteries! If they are good enough for him and the guys at 3D hobby shop, they are good enough for me and should be for you too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gaduafR0J0A#!

www.haiyinstore.com

JIM MARCUM
01-14-2012, 03:37 PM
LiPo Power, I'll give this one last shot. I had an entire order held up due to an "out of stock" item on the order. It took 2 separate claims & 4 emails to their "customer service" people to get the out of stock item dropped & the order shipped. In my last email I re-opened what HK had said was a "closed case" with a new complaint. In that case, I used ALL CAPS - demanded that the drop the OOS item & ship the rest immediately & signed off as AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. It worked. HK removed the OOS item, shipped my order and refunded both the missing item's price including shipping charges as "Customen Points", AKA US dollars. HK seems to understand the term "UNHAPPY CUSTOMER".

Hope this helps solve your issue with them. If you buy from them again, ALWAYS use Paypal as insurance. JIM

ray schrauwen
01-14-2012, 03:51 PM
I notice after "x" number of days with an order that has an OOS item on it I can remove that item from my order or cancel the whole order.

I do this in the order itself. Done it many times. What may I ask was the OOS item? I'm sorry coming in here late and not doing the reading first to find out.

I think it took a week or two. Some I have cancelled, others I wait for.

LiPo Power
01-15-2012, 02:41 PM
January 4 2012, another chat followup..... Original date of purchase 3/9/2010, do the math....
This is after who knowa how many follow ups i did and have a copy of it....
Check this out:

You are now chatting with : Zoe (Customer Service)

Zoe: Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?

You: did you sent my replacement to me yet, xxxxxxxxxx?

Zoe: I'm sorry, we have requested the an update from the relevant department yesterday to speed up your replacement. We will contact you with an update as soon as
we have further information.

You: ESC is in stock, can you just ship it to me?

Zoe: I'm sorry I can't confirm if we can do this until we have received an update from the relevant department.

Zoe: Please check your HobbyKing account later for updates

You: Ok I will wait a little longer and if no respond or sollution I will ask one one of our Canadian international Fraud Companies to help me with this becouse it takes too long and you are not helping me......

Zoe: I'm very sorry for the delay, I assure you that this issue will be resolved soon. Would there be anything else that I may help you with?

You: Ok....

BakedMopar
01-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Everytime I used the chat function this is the exact generic answer you will get. I feel your pain bro and it's just not right. Even though I have had success in returns both in china and USA that is just not acceptable. I hope you get this resolved.

Aloha,
George

LiPo Power
01-15-2012, 03:09 PM
That is right.
I am sure they have some kind of software translating from english to moron and back to us by template as answer just by pushing
big square buttons.... Cant get any more stupid than that....
Never mind resolving issues involving decision making or self motivated drive to actually do something to help whats called CUSTOMER
Idiots!!!!

LiPo Power
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
I will try some of it today and see ....

LiPo Power, I'll give this one last shot. I had an entire order held up due to an "out of stock" item on the order. It took 2 separate claims & 4 emails to their "customer service" people to get the out of stock item dropped & the order shipped. In my last email I re-opened what HK had said was a "closed case" with a new complaint. In that case, I used ALL CAPS - demanded that the drop the OOS item & ship the rest immediately & signed off as AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. It worked. HK removed the OOS item, shipped my order and refunded both the missing item's price including shipping charges as "Customen Points", AKA US dollars. HK seems to understand the term "UNHAPPY CUSTOMER".

Hope this helps solve your issue with them. If you buy from them again, ALWAYS use Paypal as insurance. JIM

LiPo Power
01-28-2012, 08:45 PM
AFTER OVER 2 YEARS OF E-MAILING, CHAT WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT ( if you will ) I GOT MY ESC BACK!!!!
WOOOWWW, THANK YOU HK BUT NO THANK YOU....!!!
WITHOUT YOUR HELP GUYS HERE ON OSE I WOULD NOT GET THIS BACK...
SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO CHAD!
CHAD, THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

ray schrauwen
01-28-2012, 09:52 PM
All's well that ends well... :just-kidding::sarcasm1:well, not always...

Man, I hope I never have that trouble.

LiPo Power
01-29-2012, 02:05 PM
It is funny becouse I never had any issues with them on all my battery orders and never had any battery quality issue yet....
I will get lipos from them, maybe cheep ESC like their turnigy 120 but no single items this price from now on....
At least if one will go bad I will not cry me the river..... :olleyes: