PDA

View Full Version : Aquacraft Motley Crew

Ol Skool
05-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi all, First, thanks for all your advice, every little bit helps.

Ok, what I did today is remove mount and motor and reverse it.In order to do that I had to remove motor coupler and teflon liner, as liner was too long to clear coupler, and still use factory motor mount holes on the side of the tub when reinstalling it all.
I took a pic of what has been done so far, I am holding the coupler approx. where I believe it fits, or close to it.I think I have to trim the stuffing tube and the liner to get about the correct spacing for clearance for stuffing tube and liner.I will trim the stuffing tube at the second line from the motor, leaving room for the liner to protrude.I also have to cut the flex cable or get a new one, as now, it's way too long.I am getting a new one, from OSE.I'm not sure I can get all the grease out of the other one.

Please tell me what you guys think, does it look like I actually know what I'm doing?:confused:

Steven Vaccaro
05-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Tell me again why spinning the bracket is needed?

Ol Skool
05-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Tell me again why spinning the bracket is needed?

Steven,

I'm not sure it needs to be rotated, it was suggested by Rumdog & Darin to try this to see if it corrected the alignment of stuffing tube and motor.The result is what you see in the pic.It does line up much better, but then stuffing tube would need to be trimmed.

The idea of bending the stuffing tube slightly seems to be an easy fix, and I will try this.That was suggested by another member, as well as you.

eboat
05-20-2011, 09:30 AM
If the drive shaft and stuffing tube is too long that means they did not put the bracket in backwards
Like I said before maybe they changed it around this way to help get the weight farther forward to get a good COG
It was said before maybe you could bend the tube down some or slot the mounting holes in the bracket to make it line up better
Once you cut stuff shorter it is harder to make it longer again :olleyes:
I would try to get it lined up and working this way first

Grimracer
05-20-2011, 10:31 AM
PLEASE, DO NOT FLIP THE MOTOR MOUNT AROUND!

IF YOU DO and cut the brass you have voided the warranty on the product!

Just so you know.. the mount ears of the motor mount ARE TO FACE THE BACK OF THE BOAT!

To adjust the alignment of the shaft and as nutty as this might sound remove the shaft, BEND THE MOTOR MOUNT (this would be twist op from the end bell of the motor) slip the cable back in and bend the brass stuffing tube down to mate the alignment.

The distance between the stuffing tube and the cable coupler should be in the 10 to 15mm range BUT COULD END UP MORE OR LESS due to MFG issues.

Have fun and keep us posted!

Grim

Insaniac
05-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Have fun?

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=25262

Grimracer
05-20-2011, 12:26 PM
O YEA.. if your not having fun working and playing toy boats...Knitting is maybe a better hobby!...:rofl:

ROCKET AND ROLL! :rockon2:

Grim

ron1950
05-20-2011, 05:28 PM
dont get me wrong mike but seems the mfg is killing ya on QA....hope next batch of boats will be better built..id like to get one but not till u get these things fixed right

Grimracer
05-20-2011, 10:04 PM
totaly totaly cool with that man.. there are other VERY good products out there to pick from.. we hope its AquaCraft but if not.. thats OK..just HAVE FUN WITH IT!:Peace_Sign:

ROCKET AND ROLL!:rockon2:

Grim

Steven Vaccaro
05-21-2011, 08:15 AM
dont get me wrong mike but seems the mfg is killing ya on QA....hope next batch of boats will be better built..id like to get one but not till u get these things fixed right

I hope you are not serious. A bit of an alignment problem is not an issue at all.

My son ran his last night and had a grin from cheek to cheek. With a x642 it turns awesome with no hook or spin outs.

mavdriver
05-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Mike what with the screws on top of the sponsons is that for recovery if your MC is dead in the water :confused1:

Chrisg81983
07-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Just bent mount a little to where it needs to be there is no need to flip and cut i did this and all is well

FE_Chris
08-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I hope you are not serious. A bit of an alignment problem is not an issue at all.

My son ran his last night and had a grin from cheek to cheek. With a x642 it turns awesome with no hook or spin outs.

Have you tried the M445 as well? Just wondering which prop you like better.