View Full Version : P1 Modifications

05-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Well i finally got to do some more testing today with my boat after adding some weight to the front and it made a world of difference. As all of us p1 owners know the boat gets loose in the chop and has a tendency to want to flip. What i did to add weight to the front is went to my local bike shop and took a broken wheel from them and cut all the spokes out. I stuck spokes into the front 3 pieces of foam (about 175mm length). This way the threads on the spoke stick to the foam and i didn't have to design any other sort of compartment. The bow stay's planted much better in chop and makes the boat more fun to drive. So far i added about 30 spokes to the center piece of foam (not sure how many ounces but it works well. Now its just find tuning from here on out. My set up is 2 2 cell 8000 lipos turn fins and a x640 prop.

05-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Cool idea! I might have to try this out.