PDA

View Full Version : First out today w/ MC and the MG boats

cmexeqtu2
05-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Hello all, this is my 1st post on here and wanted to tell everyone hello.
I ran 2 boats for the first time today and WOW. I am hooked. I own 13 different rc cars/trucks/crawlers, 2 helicopters and 1 plane and man, I really like these boats. I bought a Aquacraft Montle crew and a Proboat Miss Geico and wanted to let you all know how they compare from a newbe perspective. I will use MissG for the(Miss Geico) and MCrew for the (Montle Crew). I had a buddy of mine run one of the boats to compare speed and handling from both. I ran 2-5250 mah 2s maxamps in each boat and no mods done to either boat, just box stock. The MissG to me looks nicer with all wood inside the hull an inner plastic shell and an outter one that is held on with magnets. The MCrew lid you have to tape down, but is perfectly square so it is easy to tape. On the MCrew I didn't like that it doesn't have an on/off switch, you have to do this little programming dance each time you plug in the batteries. :huh: I had problems not being able to get it to work right.
Both boats handle really well, and infact you can turn at WOT!! The MissG runs great but has some porpoising at top speed, even if I move the batteries around it didn't seem to really help. The MCrew boat rides lower in the water and I think this may be why it does not porpoise. The MCrew is super smooth and no porpoising at all. The MissG turns a little quicker and takes a little longer to get up on top of the water than the MCrew. If we dragrace the MCrew wins on the start because the MissG seems to cavitate a little from a dead stop, but on the top end it starts to gain some ground and finally catches up and just but a thread passes the MCrew. The MissG boat sounds awesome, maybe becasue of the boat being made of wood. They both seem to run for around 10 minutes. To my surprise both boats speed control and motor were just warm to the touch and only the batteries were medium warm.
My verdict (or favorite) is...........................

Pro boat Miss Geico.
It looks awesome, sounds killer, has the inner hatch seal, has the outter lid magnets, easy to turn on and off. I think that if it didn't have the porpiosing it would for sure be the better boat in the long run. don't get me wrong, The Aqua boat Montle Crew is nice to, but what the heck, my buddy and I had a freaking blast today and that's what really counts!!!
:bounce:
Thanks
David

Diesel6401
05-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Welcome to OSE, sounds like you had a blast which is the most important part. You picked up 2 really nice boats. On the MG you should also tape that hatch down as well and not rely on just the magnets. Every FE Boat should be taped down. Extra insurance. In a bad roll over the jolt from the crash can pop the hatch of the MG with just magnets. Where in the NC are you located?!?

cmexeqtu2
05-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks Diesel, I am in Charlotte, Matthews area.
Now I want to go faster. hehehehehe

Diesel6401
05-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks Diesel, I am in Charlotte, Matthews area.
Now I want to go faster. hehehehehe

Theres a couple boaters in that area. I use to run a Pineville park, there some guys around indian trail area. I live up in cornelius on lake norman

cmexeqtu2
05-18-2011, 09:40 PM
O cool, I was thinking of getting a real boat and keeping it at a friends house there at lake Norman. My buddy and I are going to Cane creek Sunday and runnin 'em. The MG video you took looks like Lake Norman, is it?

Diesel6401
05-18-2011, 09:46 PM
O cool, I was thinking of getting a real boat and keeping it at a friends house there at lake Norman. My buddy and I are going to Cane creek Sunday and runnin 'em. The MG video you took looks like Lake Norman, is it?

Yes it is LKN. It's the little cove behind my apartments. I am right off of exit 28 off of I77. I run on sunday most of the time. I have been running in Davidson lately off of exit 30 (I77), it's easier to recover from there.

cmexeqtu2
05-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I used to have a kaw. jet ski 10 years ago and drove all over that Lake and many others.

Diesel6401
05-18-2011, 10:27 PM
I used to have a kaw. jet ski 10 years ago and drove all over that Lake and many others.

Sweet.

I'll be out of town this weekend, but im normally available sun-tues. Let me know if you ever want to get together.