PDA

View Full Version : 1st run of motley crew

BLAZE WON
05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
got the boat set up put it in the water ran for about 30 seconds all the sudden the rpms go up and the boat stops running. brought it back in with my trusty fishin pole & guess what! the prop shaft is gone. flex cable.. is still there but the shaft left the flex cable. so i lost the shaft,drive dog, a s&b 642 prop and the prop nut. not bad for a 30 second run. i dont know how you guys would check this but be careful. im calling tower first thing in the morning to get it taken care of. also i used blendurm tape which is like sticky skin.pulled the tape and part of the red stripe on the back of the hull came off. just dont use a good prop your first couple runs.

detox
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
All Aquacraft flex cables I have rolled over glass have some wobble at soldered area between shaft and cable. OSE sells better quality flex cable assemblies that roll true.

Grimracer
05-18-2011, 08:43 PM
if you are going to use very hi tack tape like blenderm.. PLEASE place a layer down FIRST as a "Primer" layer if you will and tape over that. Truth is its a good idea do do this over the graphics areas anyway.. regarless of the tape you use.

Grim

Diesel6401
05-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Dang that sucks bad. Sorry to hear about that. I noted on my thread that my flexcable was very poorly cut and soldered (end that goes into coupler). Makes me want to try a CF prop first few runs, just in case something like this happens. Hopefully this is an isolated issue. I do have a spare cable laying around, i may just change it out asap for piece of mind.

BLAZE WON
05-18-2011, 09:48 PM
most people that tape their hatches use hockey tape. im sure that if i used the hockey tape all the paint would be gone. i have many fe boats and have never had a problem pulling paint off with tape. lets forget about the tape for a minute. what about the prop shaft?

ron1950
05-18-2011, 11:43 PM
wow really sucks to lose a good prop....hope tower takes care of it as good as horizon did with the miss geigo shafts...good luck with it