They allways do..... :w00t:

ron1950
05-18-2011, 04:24 PM
They allways do.....

but i dont want another sailboat lol....come guys spill it

Fluid
05-18-2011, 04:40 PM
come guys spill it...
Okay. They are testing a new 40" mono with a special low-weight 6S power system. They are calling the project the "Smartan".

Smoothops
05-18-2011, 04:52 PM
:iagree: Funny stuff.

ron1950
05-18-2011, 04:58 PM
They are calling the project the "Smartan".

lol...but i dont want a high dollar plastic boat either lol

PDR447
05-20-2011, 02:55 PM
My guess would be a 30"-ish high performance mono to accompany the Miss Geico as a good handling, RTR boat.

But that is purely speculation based on a hole I see in their current lineup.

Smoothops
05-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Secret is out >>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGWELnzwQMw

ron1950
05-26-2011, 10:32 PM
ya i like it....like plug and play and the looks of the boat.....my mg has the same motor and hopefully i can get some rpm's out of it...not sure if i should use smaller props for rpm or bigger for speed we shall see lol

nosreme722
05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
I hate how the Proboat trailers never give away speed.. they film it just right so u have no idea :thumbsdown:

PDR447
05-27-2011, 02:37 AM
so it's a white miss geico with an offset rudder, higher kv motor, and higher amp speedo. not really a new boat at all.

scoota
05-27-2011, 03:06 AM
so it's a white miss geico with an offset rudder, higher kv motor, and higher amp speedo. not really a new boat at all.

And a hatch that wont break apart if you flip it , this sort of sucks for all the MG owners , i feel like i was a guinea pig !!!

So is PROBOAT going to do something about the MG hatch problem ???? this is a sore point for me , as i have broken 3 hatches , its not the price of replacing it ! its the bloody 45 bucks to freight it to OZ

ron1950
05-27-2011, 12:53 PM
scoota how fast u going with that thing? i have flipped mine at least 20 times and never broken the hatch.....maybe u guys have hard water down there lol.....i only run 2 2cells and a 1800kv motor though maybe 40-43 mph

tiqueman
05-27-2011, 02:54 PM
And a hatch that wont break apart if you flip it , this sort of sucks for all the MG owners , i feel like i was a guinea pig !!!

So is PROBOAT going to do something about the MG hatch problem ???? this is a sore point for me , as i have broken 3 hatches , its not the price of replacing it ! its the bloody 45 bucks to freight it to OZ

I make epoxy ones for it. They will last the life of the boat. then its no longer a problem. OR, after the first one broke, reinforcing any stock replacements is a must. I still run a stocker that I carbon reinforced and have put it thru the ringer and its good as the day it was new. So you have choices out there, but doing nothing and continuing to run them as is, is just a waste of money, especially if shipping is that much. If youd like, I can look into what it will cost to send you a 2lb box.? If your not wanting to fuss w/ the paint etc, I can sell you a stock hatch that I can reinforce.

scoota
05-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I make epoxy ones for it. They will last the life of the boat. then its no longer a problem. OR, after the first one broke, reinforcing any stock replacements is a must. I still run a stocker that I carbon reinforced and have put it thru the ringer and its good as the day it was new. So you have choices out there, but doing nothing and continuing to run them as is, is just a waste of money, especially if shipping is that much. If youd like, I can look into what it will cost to send you a 2lb box.? If your not wanting to fuss w/ the paint etc, I can sell you a stock hatch that I can reinforce.

Should have said 2 of them reinforced with FG , but should we even have to go this far ??? How well did PB test this product , tell me the first good flip in testing didnt show the flaws in the hatch . Come on !!!!! lets not forget the bushing issue in the strut , rudder issue & the wrong flex cable , all these issues fixed at the buyers cost . I never broke a BJ26 hatch , so why skimp on the MG hatch ????

It a kick in the face to release a white clone of this boat with all the problems fixed .

Before i upset certain people,:tape: that only turn up to have their say when a so called new product comes out , im over the RTRs & from now on will build my boats . The MG is & was the last RTR i will ever buy ....

Ron i , i have been running in the mid 50s

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Hmm, sorry to hear your so upset w/ Proboat product. Yeah, the lid should have been addressed while it was the MG, well before a "new" model came out. According to Darin, its supposed to be a bit thicker.

Not sure how or why you are breaking reinforced hatches. Somethings wrong there. What type/ ounce did you use??? Im curious to know this as even w/ one layer of 6 oz, mine has been beat to heck and not one issue w/ it. Sounds like a laminating issue to me. reinforced, it shouldnt break and can no longer be "blamed" as a crappy hatch.

scoota
05-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Hmm, sorry to hear your so upset w/ Proboat product. Yeah, the lid should have been addressed while it was the MG, well before a "new" model came out. According to Darin, its supposed to be a bit thicker.

Not sure how or why you are breaking reinforced hatches. Somethings wrong there. What type/ ounce did you use??? Im curious to know this as even w/ one layer of 6 oz, mine has been beat to heck and not one issue w/ it. Sounds like a laminating issue to me. reinforced, it shouldnt break and can no longer be "blamed" as a crappy hatch.

Oh, i take my hat off to you for taking the time to fix the hatch issue :thumbup1: & to make it clear im not just taking a shot at PROBOAT , had the same issues with other brands of boats

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Tell you what, Ill look into shipping if youll send me your address. Anything over $15.00 Ill pay for. I sell them for 65 shipped in the CONUS for a finished in white or $55.00 for a raw epoxy. I belive you will find once you get passed the frustration w/ the hatch, you will begin to love the boat. I started w/ a love hate relationship w/ mine. Strut bearing issue, shattered the factory hatch on the first blower (I figured it would survive at least once so I could run it before I re-inforced it... didnt realize it was that cheap) took FOREVER to get teh bounce out even after the offset rudder upgrade... But now, I absolutely love runing that boat in LSO and get nothing but comments about how well it does from all the other club members.

So my offer stands, Ill pay whatever it is above and beyond to get you a hatch that you wont have to worry about anymore.

Oh and thanks for the "hats off" :beerchug:

scoota
05-28-2011, 01:09 AM
I have one reinforced hatch left , when that breaks i will buy one off you , money is not an issue , but in saying that i dont like throwing it away . Stuff like this needs to be said , maybe it will get read by the right people & products will be released with out all the issues ... i thought my BJ26 was well made , but just didnt handle to well , then they released the MG that handled well but all with all the other issues . there has to be a happy medium some where !

Oh i used Hanger 9 , 6 oz cloth & tryed a few layers of 1-1/2 oz cloth to reinforce the hatches

Thanks for the offer , i will take you up on that pretty soon !!!!

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 01:14 AM
I have one reinforced hatch left , when that breaks i will buy one off you , money is not an issue , but in saying that i dont like throwing it away . Stuff like this needs to be said , maybe it will get read by the right people & products will be released with out all the issues ... i thought my BJ26 was well made , but just didnt handle to well , then they released the MG that handled well but all with all the other issues . there has to be a happy medium some where !

Oh i used Hanger 9 , 6 oz cloth & tryed a few layers of 1-1/2 oz cloth to reinforce the hatches

Thanks for the offer , i will take you up on that pretty soon !!!!

:roflol: So tru about the BJ26 to the MG... Just let me know if you need me! I just finished layin one up so now I can go to bed. :beerchug:

scoota
05-28-2011, 05:19 AM
To put my negitive banter to an end , would just like to say , i wouldnt be this way if PB had of owened up to the MGs issues & maybe offered an updated hatch & strut before releasing an updated clone ....

How many of us fixed the MG issues at our cost , i know it cost me a flex cable , i fitted a sports 20 strut & 3 hatches ......

Well thats the end of my rant , just got sick of copping it up the A$$ with the so called RTRs on the market !!!!!!

The pic is my first reinforced hatch i didnt FG the cockpit part of the hatch:doh::doh:

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 10:35 AM
The pic is my first reinforced hatch i didnt FG the cockpit part of the hatch:doh::doh:

that'll do it. :ThumbsDown01: Hopefully your last one is reinforced 100%. If it is, it will last.

Im trying to re-arrange things so I can make it over to the nats for a day. Not sure if its going to happen, but I really want to see the "Mystic 29" first hand. See what was adressed and what was not.

On another note and away from the hatch topic :laugh: Im gunna have to go w/ fluid. Seems the only thing they are missing now is a competitive V. Would be nice as lately LSO is flooded w/ cats... and an occasional Titian 29. :Peace_Sign:

ron1950
05-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Im trying to re-arrange things so I can make it over to the nats for a day. Not sure if its going to happen, but I really want to see the "Mystic 29" first hand. See what was adressed and what was not.
:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2: :popcorn2:

so are the new mg hatches thicker or still crap?

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Youll find out next week. I hope to make it, but far from promising anything. Darin said they were supposed to address it but didnt know if they did.... at least I think thats what he said.

This is from Darin in another thread

"As for the hatch... this boat is SUPPOSE to also get an upgraded hatch... same design, likely same material, but thicker material. I haven't been able to verify that that happened, but that was the plan. I'll see what I can find out."

midnightsabotage
07-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Any word on that hatch?

ron1950
07-23-2011, 01:19 PM
if u mean the mystic hatch it appeared to be the same thickness and all as the mg.....but i got to tell ya ....some are thicker then others.....i have flipped my mg manytimes and never broken the hatch and its been hitting pretty hard right on the hatch.....