PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from Canada - are they serious?

Stinger9D9
05-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Ok, I am either doing something very wrong, or shipping costs in Canada are out of control.

I found a member in the WTB forum that's looking for a boat like one I'm looking to sell. It turns out he is located far away - in Brunei.

I looked it up, dialed in the size of the box to the Canada Post website, which only gave me one shipping option priced a little more than $1018!!! I couldn't believe it, so I went to Fedex, and yeah, they had two options - one was $883, the other was $981.

Seriously?

I then went to the US Postal website, and they'll ship a standard parcel to Brunei for $98. Yeah, it's still expensive, but it's practically free compared to what they charge us Canadians.

What is going on up here? I knew it was cheaper for me to go to the states to ship something back into Canada than for me to ship it within this country (by the way, that's messed up too), but I didn't know international shipping was at a 10x premium!

ray schrauwen
05-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Where is Brunei ?

Stinger9D9
05-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Where is Brunei ?

Southeast Asia - roughly between Vietnam and Indonesia.

It doesn't really matter that much. What I don't understand is the 10x price difference in shipping.

ray schrauwen
05-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes, I have had similar experiences.

I shipped a Maritimo to Spain from Buffalo because it was such a massive difference.

It is nuts, really.