PDA

View Full Version : P1 wave handling

matthj72
05-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Has anyone found a good set up for running the p1 in some waves? Im talking 6-8" chop. For my boat im running the x640 prop s/b. I have installed turn fins and have the tabs pretty much all the way down. It runs awesome in the calm but once you throw some waves into the equation the hull wants to run very high. I want to get it so the nose almost digs more, because anytime you open up the throttle the hull rides too high and starts to kick out and roll. I know its a stepped hull and that the hull is designed to run higher, but has anyone found a good solution to this problem? Oh yeah im running two smc 8000 2s lipos parallel to the hull right behind the motor mount. I was thinking of trying a 3 blade prop but am not sure? Appreciate all the input!

tunnelvision
05-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Thats some pretty big chop..lol A 3 blader will be worse and torque roll the boat more as it comes in and out of the water. Go with 3s for the rough stuff!

matthj72
05-17-2011, 05:18 PM
i was thinking about putting some weight into the front of the boat but was also not sure as to the best way. By having my trim tabs all the way down and having my turn fins "tucked" or basically touching the rear of the hull helps a bit but still needs to be done with some of the weight shift on the inside of the hull. Looks like i might be custom making my interior with some balsa wood??

tunnelvision
05-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Yep needs something, i was going to remove some of the wood tray and run 2 2s on either side of the motor. That should plant it nicely. Or just make a mount infront of the motor to run my gps. What trim level do you run your strut at?

matthj72
05-17-2011, 06:51 PM
My strut varies anywhere from neutral to about 2 degrees negative. I have a few ideas that i'm going to try tonight to get some more weight up front without modifying anything and give that a try and see what happens. Where i live it is rarely calm so i have to find out some sort of solution to make this thing more fun in the waves that does not involve me swimming to get the boat

VenomP1
05-22-2011, 07:01 PM
try running some positive on your strut setting this will push the bow of the boat down some, i haven't ran in 6-8" waves but have run in some rough chop and run the trim tabs all the way down with about 2 degrees positive on the strut and this helped tremendously. I am also only running one 4s 4000mah battery mounted in the factory battery location more towards the bow.