PDA

View Full Version : P1 prop question

Threadlocker
05-15-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm new to the forum. I just ordered a new p1. It should be here first of the week. I have ordered 3s and 4s lipos for it. My question is about props. Obviously as i learn the boat I will want to modify it and make it faster. I'm thinking about a 640 and a 642 prop. Also looking at a AQ 42x55. Assuming that it is the same as the 642. Can someone give me some advise. I will be running stock electronics for now.

Thanks
Steve

tunnelvision
05-16-2011, 08:26 AM
I run a x640, x440, or a S215. They all work really well. I'd start with a X640, you'll hit low 40s box stock. Larger diameter props tend to chine walk the boat a little more but will work well if you tune it right.

Do yourself a favor and reinforce the hatch with fiberglass or CF. The windshield will blow out in flips and yes you will flip it...lol Also, adding turn fins (OSE small fins) is a must to get this boat to handle well.

Welcome to the forums, this is a beauty of a boat. Good luck!

Skullcracken
06-01-2011, 10:24 PM
I run a x640, x440, or a S215. They all work really well. I'd start with a X640, you'll hit low 40s box stock. Larger diameter props tend to chine walk the boat a little more but will work well if you tune it right.

Do yourself a favor and reinforce the hatch with fiberglass or CF. The windshield will blow out in flips and yes you will flip it...lol Also, adding turn fins (OSE small fins) is a must to get this boat to handle well.

Welcome to the forums, this is a beauty of a boat. Good luck!

Are people changing the rudder setup? I tried to put a 40mm prop and it touches the rudder bracket. And my strut is angled nearly negative.

tunnelvision
06-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I have been thinking about just putting a longer rudder on it. Post a pic if you can. You should be able to run at least a 42mm on it without issue.

jd800
07-19-2011, 03:16 PM
I just picked up my EKOS P1 and am looking forward to using it. I will be running 4s (2-2s) and on a large body of water when conditions allow ( Lake Huron). I will immediately replace the stock prop that came with it and am looking for a good replacement size. At this time I will not be changing anything else from the stock boat. Any ideas about which props, performance tips or realistic speeds I can expect.
Thanks in advance
JD800

MfizzleS62
07-22-2011, 02:46 PM
I went with tunnels advise and got a X640.... This is how the boat should have came from the factory!!

jd800
07-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks I will let you know how things go. out of the box along the beach with anoub 4" rollers I was able to gps 35 mph and had alot of throttle left. Hardly any boat on the waters surface.

jd800
08-27-2011, 01:13 PM
I put on the venom 3 blade 32mm aluminum, much better than the stock ones. Now I put the Octura x640 and I am impressed with its ability to get up and go, torque does not seem to be an issue, I just have to keep a closer eye on the operating temperatures.

MfizzleS62
08-31-2011, 01:10 PM
I put on the venom 3 blade 32mm aluminum, much better than the stock ones. Now I put the Octura x640 and I am impressed with its ability to get up and go, torque does not seem to be an issue, I just have to keep a closer eye on the operating temperatures.

I have run maybe 25 runs with 16.8v nimh packs in the summer Heat doesnt seem to be an issue the motor got warm at best as well as the esc... as temps cool for fall im sure they will be way cooler...

I too purchased the 32 mm venom red prop and when I went to the octura 640 their was no turning back this boat really rocks I cant wait to get some lipos!!!