PDA

View Full Version : modded kos

dano1
05-14-2011, 07:14 PM
finally finished the boat from hell, she running 540 2075kv motors with 60 amp seaking esc's with 4s lipo's and jeff's wire drives with octura couplers, batterys been located to sponson's and she handles really great now, thought id share

LarrysDrifter
05-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Looks good. These boats are thin. I hope you have future plans on re-inforcing it. Mine has been split open more than a working woman.

dano1
05-15-2011, 11:17 AM
lmaooooo, ive been only running her on smooth mothers milk, and yes i planned on gutting the hull and layin some fiber but wanted to get the bugs out before i did that

RivRat34
06-17-2011, 02:46 AM
How does it affect with moving batteries into the sponsons? weight wise forward more? I have EKOS, and have been wondering why some move it there uhmm.. I know in the sponson its much lower center of gravity, but more forward, any better chance doing nose dives?

NitroVal
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Did the same to mine, but was running 5s batteries and had to mount them on the tunnel. Made the boat very unstable around turns due to the high CG. Mounting them in the sponsons makes the CG lower and handle better, but changes your horizontal CG and may make it hard to plane without proper trim.
How does she run with that setup?