PDA

View Full Version : motley boat

fighter cat
05-14-2011, 10:59 AM
hello all new to boating used to run rc 10s yrs ago things have changed a lot with batt pack motors gonna need some help getting the motley crew up to running speeds.:help:
oh yes i wanna go fast my buddy just got a spartan and of coarse smack talk ensued so i wanna beat his ass.bad
thanks reed
best site on the internet ive looked at them all this seems to be the place from what ive been reading.

Diesel6401
05-14-2011, 12:53 PM
hello all new to boating used to run rc 10s yrs ago things have changed a lot with batt pack motors gonna need some help getting the motley crew up to running speeds.:help:
oh yes i wanna go fast my buddy just got a spartan and of coarse smack talk ensued so i wanna beat his ass.bad
thanks reed
best site on the internet ive looked at them all this seems to be the place from what ive been reading.

Out of the box on 4s with a grim 42x55 I wouldn't be suprised if you out ran his spartan on 6s especially since his spartan maybe down for parts or smoking on the shore lol... This boat will out run and out perform his spartan hands down, this is a TRUE FE boat build by a AMAZING racer and company not a joke like the spartan.

O by the way welcome to OSE... Hopefully your buddy doesn't take offense to my spartan jokes, it's all in good fun.

The most important thing that people forget the most is HAVE FUN!

:rockon2:

fighter cat
05-14-2011, 07:40 PM
thanks,ive done alot of research for the right boat i knew i wanted a cat,i was stuck on the genesis cat for a while but could not find one then i saw the one from aquacraft,i was hooked on it.so went by the hobby store he said call him end of next week maybe then,i got dibs on the first one they order.
my buddy saw your post he laughed like you said its all about having fun and bragging rights too lol

bbosncali
05-15-2011, 12:24 AM
yeah my buddy used to talk smack with his spartan against my miss gieco i smoke him so bad now he had to go get a genesis and unfortuanetly he always seems to get me by about .2-.3 mph but atleast we are both in the 60's cant wait to see what those motley's do though should be a very nice boat

Shaun78
05-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Not true, my Spartan probably had the fastest run of all out boats but no gps well never know but u did see it. Now with leopard motor I think 60s is out but 55 no problem for a mono.

Ol Skool
05-17-2011, 05:45 PM
I just got my Motley Crew.My first impression is...well, Wooo Haaa, it is wide, well laid out inside, and, it has a fiberglass cowl, seems to be stiff, fits really well, and get this, it has flotation already on it! I think I'm going to like this cat, can't wait to run it, just have to check everything over first and I'm going to get rid of the deans.

Ol Skool

ron1950
05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
it does look nice and clean...nice lines and all

jjohn581
05-18-2011, 12:03 PM
I too like Fighter Cat had been out of rc boating for over 8 years but now am getting back into it. I had found this site then and got the Wave shark and did a lot of mods but was limited by the brushed motor. I pretty much put up my nitro Hammer and Nitro Vee and could see the future was with electric, especially with brushless and lipos that were just coming out.

When Traxxas came out with the Spartan I got caught up in the hype but at least started to do some research. I cannnot thank this site enough for your comments and I decided to wait before I purchased anything. I had been very pleased with the nitro Hammer and when I read all the comments about the MC I decided to wait for it.

Since this forum has been so helpful I immediately ordered it from OSE when I got the email that it was available and am anxiously awaiting to receive it. Thanks again!