PDA

View Full Version : Powering Matrix ultimate with Leopard ?

Andris Golts
05-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi all i have just finished building a Climate boats Matrix ultimate outrigger looking to power it with one of the Leopard #3674 series motors. Reason # 1 this motor has a 36mm dia can which will fit my OSE aluminum water jacket . My intentions are to run this hull on 4s lipo pack for fast sport running with the possibilty of racing down the road. Which KV range should i consider for the Leopard? Will my Castle Hydra 120 amp esc handle the Leopards power? Should i consider another model of the larger Leopards ? i could not find a 40mm water jacket for the larger motors or do they require no water cooling? Regards Andris Golts.

m4a1usr
05-11-2011, 03:03 AM
The Matrix is a sweet rigger. Very responsive and agile. I've seen them setup with everything from a 540XL can to a Neu 1515. If your stuck with 4S packs and are limited to a 120amp esc you might to stay with props in the 38mm range. Maybe bump up to a 40mm when its dialed in.

If you want a 36mm can the Leopard 3674/3D in 2200kv would do the job. Just make sure your pack is sized right. Should you want a 40mm can the 4074/2Y at 2150kv will be fine. But your not going to be able to prop it up with a 120 amp esc. Something more along the lines of a 150 amp or larger esc would be required.

I have also seen that rigger powered by an outrunner too. I think Ray S. did his with an outrunner. Maybe he will chime in. You could also run it with a UL1 setup if you wanted to run in a spec class should you decide to race.

John

Andris Golts
05-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks for your reply.Regards Andris Golts.