PDA

View Full Version : I'll go first....

Steven Vaccaro
02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
the stuff on tv from 8-10pm these days is pretty much usless for the younger crowd like my 10& 12 year old childern. I know they shouldnt be up past 9pm, but even the 8-9pm stuff is not what I would like them watching.

What ever happened to the A Team? Seemed every time somone shot at someone else the bullets only hit the ground. How about Simon and Simon? Or McGiver(spelling)?

I have a list of dvd's I'm considering purchasing.
A team
Fall Guy
HardCastle & Maccormick(spelling)
Simon & Simon
RipeTide
Magnum PI
Air Wolf
Tour of Duty
McGiver
Rat Patrol

What are some of your favorite tv shows from any era before 1990?

Eyekandyboats
02-01-2008, 03:41 PM
i LOVE A Team and Mc Giver!!
the best shows ever

Avanti
02-01-2008, 03:53 PM
can't forget the Dukes of Hazzard

SJFE
02-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I'll add:
Blue Thunder
BattleStar Galactia
6 million dollar man
Womder Woman
Incredible Hulk
Gun Smoke
Lone Ranger
Sea Quest
PT 109
BlackSheep Squadron
Night Rider
Starski & Huch
TJ Hooker
Station 57...I think...
Chips
Hogans Heros
That's all I have now. I watched TONS of tv so Ill have more.
But that was some great tv imo. Tv blows now. I watch discivery,history,military and sciefie now most of the time. I Do love the new battlestar galactia. I dvr south park and family guy. 2 & ahalf men is the only major network tv show I really like besides the cartoons....

Avanti
02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
that new show last night "eli stone" was good I thought

Doby
02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
M.A.S.H.

Enough Said.

dirtysouth31
02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
the best show on t.v I.M.O is HOUSE!!!!!

oh u said before 1990..

domwilson
02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Lost in Space, The Invaders, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of The Giants, Wild, Wild West, Bonanza, Bewitched, I dream of Jeannie, Lancelot link -Secret Chimp, Man from Atlantis, Time Tunnel, Man from Uncle, The Avengers, Charlies Angels (I was a teenager!), Emergency, Medical Center, Adam 12, FBI, Dragnet, Knight Rider, You are there - with Walter Cronkite, The courtship of Eddies father, Room 222. The Greatest American Hero, etc.

Rex R
02-01-2008, 06:39 PM
my short list
Hmmm tv programs…
Wild wild west
Star trek(tos,tng,ds9)
Xena
Cleopatratra 2525
Perry mason
Stargate sg1(can’t comment on seasons 9 and up haven’t seen them)
This old house
Jeopardy
csi

domwilson
02-01-2008, 06:43 PM
How could I forget Star Trek, Green Hornet, Batman, The Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, Movie of the Week, Baretta, Kojak, And I Spy?

Diegoboy
02-01-2008, 06:51 PM
What about Get Smart?

& Gilligan's Island?

domwilson
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Green Acres, Family Affair, and Petticoat Junction.

Steven Vaccaro
02-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Wow, I forgot about a bunch of those. Time to start saving my pennies. "Get Smart" is a classic. Remember the bubble thing they used to go under so no one heard them? LOLOLOLOL

Rex R
02-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Moose and Squirrel(Rocky and Bulwinkle)

SweetAccord
02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
:zip-up:
Wow, I forgot about a bunch of those. Time to start saving my pennies. "Get Smart" is a classic. Remember the bubble thing they used to go under so no one heard them? LOLOLOLOL

I think we are dating ourselves here....hehehehehehe

Loved the shoe phone in Get Smart. Why don't we have those today?? Air Wolf-Ah loved how they made the exhaust ports have rocket propulsion coming out of them! Too funny....hehehe

Yeah man, Wild, Wild West, I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, Wonder Woman, the Bionic Man, Zhizam!, Ultra Man, The Incredible Hulk, Spider Man-classics. As for cartoons, Speed Racer, G-Force, Under Dog, God Zilla, and who can forget Capitan Cave Man, Tom Slick, George of the Jungle, Popeye, and Hong-Kong-Fuey <-he was like a Get Smart in cartoon form.

Even before that I liked (what I can remember) was Casper the Friendly Ghost, Mickey Mouse Club, Bennie Boy and Cecile the Sea Serpent, Howdy Duty, Romper Room.

skidooguymxz550
02-01-2008, 10:30 PM
For boating enthusiasts ya'll are missing a big one!
Miami Vice:rockon2:

SweetAccord
02-02-2008, 12:14 AM
For boating enthusiasts ya'll are missing a big one!
Miami Vice:rockon2:

True dat~ :iagree:

C.Smock
02-02-2008, 01:38 AM
:noidea: I didnt really watch much TV before 1990....lol

Ron B
02-03-2008, 07:54 PM
I always liked Buck Rogers and wild wild west.

goldendesign04
02-03-2008, 08:18 PM
A LOT of my tv watching was tightly regimented so I failed to see quite a few of the show you all have named, though they cast an essance of recognition I only really watched A-Team, Magnum PI and Miami Vice. All classics with more morals than the entire friday night line up of any of the current broadcasters. It truly is a shame how degredaded our air waves have become. A shame its only gotten worse since the writers strike....

-Wayne

domwilson
02-03-2008, 09:15 PM
:iagree: It's a shame how the media today dictates the moral values of todays society. Cudos to your parents.

eboat
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
BJ and the Bear
Lost in Space
Squad 51
BA BA Blacksheep

Yeeharacing
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
BJ and the Bear! I loved that show!

If you guys want to watch these old shows again go to www.fancast.com they have streaming episodes of old and new shows.

Steven Vaccaro
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
:noidea: I didnt really watch much TV before 1990....lol

Stop braging how young you are. :w00t: You make me feel old.

Ok you tv guys, there was a show with Hulk Hogan speeding around in a high tech speed boat in the late 80's or early 90's. Anyone remember the name?

Steven Vaccaro
02-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Thinking about this stuff makes me reminisce(spelling). As a kid sitting on the side walk with my parents and grand parents in front of our triple decker in the city at night, waiting for the pizza truck or ice cream truck to come by. Than going in to get our fill of a tv show or two. We all felt safe in the 70's and 80's. Now if you live in the city its a combat zone. Sit out side now and you may get shot or stabbed.

Its a sad state of affairs. :confused2:

Ok, I cleared my head, enough of my rant. :nopity:

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I just bought Sigmund the Sea Monster for my daughter. Anyone remember that one?

Eodman
02-07-2008, 10:34 AM
That show name was " Thunder In Paradise" if I'm not mistaken!

domwilson
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
That was the show. His character was R. J. Hurricane and his co-star was Jack Lemmon's son, Chris Lemmon.

Yeeharacing
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
How about the TV movie "Thunderboat Row"
I'm dying to get this movie on DVD... But it isn't released.
Loosely based on the story of Don Aronow..

Had some awesome boats in that movie... One of the worst cats ever made too.

domwilson
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Thinking about this stuff makes me reminisce(spelling). As a kid sitting on the side walk with my parents and grand parents in front of our triple decker in the city at night, waiting for the pizza truck or ice cream truck to come by. Than going in to get our fill of a tv show or two. We all felt safe in the 70's and 80's. Now if you live in the city its a combat zone. Sit out side now and you may get shot or stabbed.

Its a sad state of affairs. :confused2:

Ok, I cleared my head, enough of my rant. :nopity:

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I just bought Sigmund the Sea Monster for my daughter. Anyone remember that one?

Yep with HR Puf n' Stuf, The Banana Splits, Electro Woman and Dyna Girl,
Land of the Lost. Space Ghost, Moby Dick, Star Trek-The animated series. Lidsville, Mitor, etc. That was the days when you had Saturday cartoons. Maybe they should bring the kid's Saturdays back and let them have good wholesome shows like we had. No more of todays gross cartoons. Expelling body gas is not a super power or addressing adult topics in a child's cartoon.

bobswworld
02-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Whats with all the "REALITY"
forgive me for those who like it, but a person can only stand so much!

Star Trek was my alltime favorite, but my dad tried every way possible to keep me from watching it, he just called it sh*t. look at the following it had, has.
now been watching SG1, Atlantis, a little of Galactica.

used to watch all the same shows that have been mentioned on this thread

I guess we all live in a new generation and I am probably no different than my dad was then.
But I do agree with you Steven that the shows on now are not really good for Children, The shows from before were a bit more conservative, however my parents still thought some of them were too rough.

egneg
02-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Combat, Rat Patrol, Sky King, Rin Tin Tin, Roy Rogers, Rifleman, Lone Ranger, Voyage to the bottom of the sea, Lost in space, My favorite martian, Tarzan, Burke's law, Green hornet ... geez the list goes on and on.

carsonschaos
02-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Giligans Island, Beverly Hillbillies.
Anyone remember Ren and Stimpy?

Joe Friars
02-20-2008, 12:03 AM
For me it's
Family Guy
Mythbusters
Lost
Nip Tuck
and any disc-sci-hist-tlc stuff that might be on.
Joe

carsonschaos
02-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Deadliest Catch.
Love that show and it takes place on boats.
Can't wait for the next season.

CarolHazlett
02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
................:bounce: and none of you are brain dead yet? I vote for starting the "RC" channel" on cable TV!