PDA

View Full Version : Castle HV240 questions

woodster
05-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi just wondering if anybody has any tips on how to wire up the Castle 240HV? Are you putting one bullet connector on each set of wires? I'll be running it on 10S2P setup with a NEU 2215 motor. Thanks for any help

BHChieftain
05-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Check out post #13 on my syncron build thread. You MUST make a bridge connection between the pairs of Battery to ESC leads-- even if you want to make a 2P connection.

The pics on post #13 show how I wired it up for a 1P connection. I used 20g wire to wrap the leads for a mechanical bond, then soldered it all together (not my invention... thanks OSE folks for this tip...). 1 wire soldered into a bullet as normal, and 2nd wire soldered to the outside of the bullet-- then heat shrink it.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=13793

If you want to run with a 2P connection, then you can solder a bullet on each lead, but you still need to join the pairs of wires together so the input power can mix correctly-- for my other boat I cut off a bit of insulation for each lead a little further down towards the middle and again used 20g wire to wrap them together and filled it with solder.

Chief

RaceMechaniX
05-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Pretty sure on the HV speedo it is not necessary to connect the two leads as you do on the LV version. The HV has bus bars from board to board to distribute the battery - and +. So for a 2P setup just puts your bullets on each each and connect.

To check, look on the cap side. I believe the battery leads are soldered to either side directly on the bus bars.

Tyler