PDA

View Full Version : castle 1520 motor bearings

Shaun78
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
I bought new ceramic upgraded bearings for 1520 motor. How do u remove the bearing from the rear solid cap? They r really in there...

m4a1usr
05-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Normally you have you remove the rear plate. Just three screws and it comes off but some glue might make it an effort. Or,........... if you have on older motor style end bell, the ones with the sticker, you could push it out from the back. But those end bells were changed several years ago and you dont see to many anymore.

John

lectriglide
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Are you sure it really needs replacing?? Check out this answer on post #7 -
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29725

m4a1usr
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
How do u remove the bearing from the rear solid cap? They r really in there...

I just re read your post and see you have already removed the rear plate, at least I think you have. And your stuck with no way to push out that bearing because there is no opening thru the end bell. If you take a 5mm shaft of some sort. Like a rotor or a drill bit, you insert it into the bearing and put a little side pressure on it. That should keep the bearing attached to the 5mm shaft by just simple friction. With some side to side motion and pulling on it the bearing will wiggle out.

John

Shaun78
05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.....motor is new but I wanted to upgrade to ceramic upgrading bearings so I will never have an issue or shouldn't anyways....I like to upgrade.