PDA

View Full Version : seaking esc problem

netik racing
05-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Im running a 120amp seaking in my rigger...have used the rigger 6 or so times and now the seaking esc has started to play up ...if im on full gas it won't let the power though it goes then slow's down then goes again..i have also tried pulling the trigger slowly and reprogrammed the esc a few times ....i have read the whole seaking problem tread and i think that was about the time i got mine....should i try cutting the red bec wire and using a rx pack????? the caps look fine on it should i try and replace them????? it has never been wet or over heated so im stuffed to know what the problem is with it????? one other quick question is i have got a cheap airplane esc and can't seem to get the heat sink off it ...it looks like its stuck on their with some sort of white glue its not thermal paste or thermal tape im wondering if it can't be dissolved with a spray or something????

MaxCorvette
05-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Had almost the same problem with my Seaking120, also in a rigger (JAE)
It was the bec acting up. I installed a seperate sbec and some extra caps (2x1000uF) now it runs perfect :)
Stays cool, Lipo is the hottest part after a run..getting some nano's to see it they work any better.

Marcel

Diesel6401
05-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Sounds like yo maybe running the lvc cell auto calculate function. Don't rely on the auto calculate, manually enter the cell count. JMHO

netik racing
05-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Had almost the same problem with my Seaking120, also in a rigger (JAE)
It was the bec acting up. I installed a seperate sbec and some extra caps (2x1000uF) now it runs perfect :)
Stays cool, Lipo is the hottest part after a run..getting some nano's to see it they work any better.

Marcel

Thanks Marcel

I will try that i have a small lipo (800mah 40c) that i can put into the receiver and then i remove the red wire off the esc???? can i see a pic of how you did the caps please???

Cheers Netik

netik racing
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Sounds like yo maybe running the lvc cell auto calculate function. Don't rely on the auto calculate, manually enter the cell count. JMHO

Thanks for the idea Diesel ...i have already tried both using a program card and also manually with controller....

Thanks for the reply mate

MaxCorvette
05-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Well if you tried disabling the LVC then the rx lipo wil be a good option to try next. You do need to take out the red wire!
I still run with the auto detect on cell count and that works fine, also LVC is set at 3.2V, no problems running this way.
Here is a pic of my esc, not how it's done but should be clear enough

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/MaxCorvette79/JAE21FE%20Rigger/Hardware_Electro2cropped640.jpg

I don't have much space in the JAE so that's why not more then 2 caps..

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/MaxCorvette79/JAE21FE%20Rigger/Indeling2.jpg

Marcel