PDA

View Full Version : hobbie king

brian6989
05-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey has anyone ever ordered off hobbyking I orderd some batteries quit some time ago then I read my shipping conformation and it said shipping can be up to 45 days is hobby king outside of the usa?

LiPo Power
05-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Are you for real?
They are in Hong Kong China...
They also have few warehouses around the world....
When you ordering, each product has a small icon showing where is coming from...
And yes, sometimes it takes that long. What is the tracking info showing you?

brian6989
05-03-2011, 06:43 PM
well I guess I screwed up my tracking says swiss port singapore....not good:doh:

jac4412
05-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Brian... word to the wise, if youre ever looking to get batts from HK... try the USA warehouse first.. even though it might take some time (but itll be faster than hk). If not, try hobbypartz.com they have similar batteries and prices and are located in north america. And free shipping on orders over 25.

brian6989
05-03-2011, 06:56 PM
thanks for the web site I might just order another set from hobbypartz since my
batteries are on the slow boat from china.....literally

dana
05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
hobbypatz was awesome. i had problems with hk. i had to contact my bank to dispute a transaction that they recieved money for then cancelled my order... what a joke. hobbypartz was delivered 4 days after i ordered them, with free shipping, from CA to MA

brian6989
05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
yes im starting to believe I screwed up....I didnt relize they were in china maybe I will get them by next winter.... LOL

jac4412
05-03-2011, 08:03 PM
You didn't screw up... it's just hard to predict what hobby king will do. At the right time and place it'll have the best deal and decent shipping. Other times it'll suck. I've bought cheap lipos and received them within 10 days. I've also bought lipos and gotten them 2 months later.

I also believe theyre under alot of pressure now.. its the beginning of summer and the start of rc hobbies so theyre getting mass orders from US. I've been getting twitter and email updates saying how far back they are on orders. Sucks.

ron1950
05-03-2011, 08:16 PM
ya i order from hk all the time..it will get to ya soon enough....just like someone said ...if u want it faster order from the us warehouse or hobbypartz...sometimes i get stuff from hk in 10days ,,,sometimes 3 to 4 weeks....

U1Racing
05-03-2011, 08:43 PM
i have used most of the Chinese hobby sites, with no problems, but it can take up to a month to recieve an order

Rumdog
05-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Pay for EMS shipping. You'll get it in a week or less.

LiPo Power
05-03-2011, 10:46 PM
:thumbup1:

Pay for EMS shipping. You'll get it in a week or less.

JPriami
05-03-2011, 11:23 PM
My last HK order I just paid extra for UPS to bring them to me from hong kong.

JackBlack26
05-03-2011, 11:51 PM
My HK orders from china have got here as quickly as 3 days and as long as 8. EMS shipping of course. But the US warehouse is in Tacoma Washington and I get those in 4 days. 1 day for processing and 3 days travel time.

ron1950
05-04-2011, 12:15 AM
lately processing takes longer then shipping

brian6989
05-04-2011, 12:44 AM
thanks everyone sounds like I will get them some day good thing im still working on the build think i will find a us hobby shop to buy from our local hobby shop does not want any thing to do with boats kind of a bummer since I sold it to them 3 years ago(and now I pay retail for parts....WTF) and we have 7 lakes with in 15 miles...seems like it could be a gold mine

Thanks
Brian

Alexgar
05-04-2011, 01:28 AM
15 orders fro hk and 16 days has been the longest I've waited from us it was 5 days but it was a large box(boat)

Alexgar
05-04-2011, 01:30 AM
With sing post it's tracking and one day it just shows up once it leaves
Germany It loses tracking updates kinda weird

bbosncali
05-04-2011, 09:30 PM
I get them in about 4 days from usa store but they are always out of stock on the batteries I want so I buy mostly from hobbypartz.com those gens ace batteries are nice and usually takes them about 4-5 days to ma give or take a day but they always have what I want in stock and free shipping plus coupon discount works out to be about the same as hobbyking

brian6989
05-05-2011, 12:52 AM
thanks for the input I just have to wait for the slow boat from china ...lol

martin
05-05-2011, 10:12 AM
I ordered a motor on April 18 it left Hong kong on April 29 & got it delivered in the UK on May4, No special post just their standard post. Martin.

Boomer
05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I have had mixed results from HK. As the guys have stated already, on some items, things go just fine. On anothers, it could take longer than it should.

The one thing you can be sure of with HK is that they have no clue about what real customer service should be. :ThumbsDown01:

I can share with you that have purchased two boats from HK, was unlucky enough to receive one with damaged parts, and the other with a couple of defective parts. I can atest that from my personal experience, you can pretty much forget any kind of real warranty support.

They don't stock boats parts, nor do their suppliers, and it has become clear to me, that they don't have the slightest interest in providing warranty parts or in helping you resolve this kind of problem. Oh, they'll provide promises, but not much more.

The boats I have purchased are of decent quality, and their prices are attractive, no problem there. I have purchased some smaller items with out a problem, but on the defective parts issues on the two boats, I can report that and only after 6 months of badgering them, did I get any replacment parts, and nothing but unkept promises on the other boat's defective parts. I had pictures of the problems, reported them the day I got the products, wrote them, called them, had Pay Pal correspond with them. It just is not worth the trouble.

I am done with them and with hard evidence in hand say, when it comes to customer care, they are a "tribe of dolts." :ThumbsDown01:

Doing business with China is a part of our reality, I accept that, but don't have to like it. To be fair there are many off-shore hobby suppliers that do a good job, and provide hobbist with some good values, so I will leave you guys with a note of caution, when you buy from from HK you are in essence gambling.

Boomer

wparsons
05-06-2011, 01:39 PM
I've never had an order take more than 2 weeks to get to me from HK, and I'm up in Canada.

ron1950
05-06-2011, 04:30 PM
the fact that noone speaks english when u phone them doesent help much either...they speak english they just dont understand it.....

Boomer
05-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Ron
I couldn't have said it better! Lights are on but no one is home kinda thing!
I contacted HK yesterday regarding a new RC airplane they have, I got on their online chat line to ask if they stocked parts for this plane, and wanted to know if I received the plane with a defective part like a bad ESC or Servo, how they'd process that warranty claim. Then I asked if the nose wheel had it's own servo.

First response was that she didn't know if they stocked parts or where to find them if they did. Next she didn't know what an ESC or Servo was. She then told me if I contact them to make a claim, they'd have to send that to some one in Hong Kong - She of course didn't know what a nose wheel was either.

I asked then what? She said that person would have to contact someone in management (who doesn't care or know either) I could go on, but I am sure you get the picture.

If you get your product on time and it works, that is a good thing. If not - well that's is another story.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the plane - Wasn't really serious about it due to my past dealings with them. I was just curious to see if anything had changed since they opened their US warehouse. NOPE!

Boomer

wparsons
05-07-2011, 10:01 AM
You basically have to have the attitude that you're getting a great price, but if something is ever defective you're SOL. IMO, it's worth the risk, but then again I haven't been burned by them yet :p

tiqueman
05-07-2011, 10:41 AM
29 orders from HK, never a problem, and never more than 3 weeks using regular post. Usually on Batteries etc, and if its not in the US warehouse, I make sure to to EMS shipping. If its connectors wire, wrap etc and just a few dollar order, I will regular ship it and still, 3 weeks at most.

CHIEFY_44
05-07-2011, 01:33 PM
never had a problem with hk everything i have bought from them about 14 orders and only 1 took more than 8 working days to get here and that includes batts servo's and esc's

brian6989
05-07-2011, 03:43 PM
ok thanks for the info everyone still waiting for order