PDA

View Full Version : New here and wanting to mod my spartan

bdp1174
05-01-2011, 03:08 AM
I have been posting in the traxxas forums but would like to tell my experience so far with my traxxas spartan.Brand new out of box esc problems so mailed in to traxxas and after 2 weeks backorder they replaced esc and rudder(has the half moon mod done to it now).Got it back and tested it out with 2 3s venom 35c 5000 lipos and with ez running to test for leaks with occasional quick speed runs after 3 mins or so brought it in to check temps and motor was about 125.

I am still concerned running stock so I ordered a seaking 180 esc,cooling lines,540xl alum jacket and prog card from here and a tacon 3674 1700 from hobbypartz for $51.00.
I am going to run it stock until my new stuff gets here if the motor or esc go out I will mail back into traxxas and once replaced sell them.I was wondering what timing I should use with that tacon 3674 1700 and seaking 180 esc to start with?
And anyone tat has removed the stock traxxas esc is it held in with servo tape or anything underneath it?

If anyone knows where I might find a lexan mounting plate for the seaking 180 please let me know.
I am sure I will have some questions to ask when I begin my upgrade and any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Brandon

dag-nabit
05-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi Brandon, Welcome to the Spartan Forum on OSE.

I responded to most of your questions over on Traxxas forum.

Yes, the ESC is held down with some double sided tape in addition to the locking tabs.

If you are removing the temp sensor the Rx is also held in with double sided tape, pry it up gently to remove. I put mine back in with self adhesive velcro for easy removal in future.

Kevin