PDA

View Full Version : Mini Hydro Tenshocj

inso
04-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Hello from Germany,

i have some questions about the Mini Hydro from Tenshock.

I got the ARTR Version with the 40A Tenshock and a 4000KV Viper Brushless.

So i installed all an want to drive with it.

So i ordered 3s Lipo 2200mA 190g.

Installed it in front of the Boat... Charged them and to the sea...

I placed them in the front, as much as posible...

But after the first try it seam as the front is to heavy... So i bought some weight and did it in the back, but thats not better ... always the same...

So can u tell me where to place the Lipo?? U have some pictures? Maybe??

Or maybe u know whats the problem?? I Hope u can help me? Some pictures will help maybe...

Sorry if the english isnt that correctly :glare:

Greetz Inso

Insaniac
04-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Hello from Germany,

i have some questions about the Mini Hydro from Tenshock.

I got the ARTR Version with the 40A Tenshock and a 4000KV Viper Brushless.

So i installed all an want to drive with it.

So i ordered 3s Lipo 2200mA 190g.

Installed it in front of the Boat... Charged them and to the sea...

I placed them in the front, as much as posible...

But after the first try it seam as the front is to heavy... So i bought some weight and did it in the back, but thats not better ... always the same...

So can u tell me where to place the Lipo?? U have some pictures? Maybe??

Or maybe u know whats the problem?? I Hope u can help me? Some pictures will help maybe...

Sorry if the english isnt that correctly :glare:

Greetz Inso

On port (left) side even with the motor per the instructions (you can download from the MiniCat Racing USA website if you don't have them).
I had two of these and they ran extremely well...

inso
04-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Okay, that helps a lot! Thanks! I willl try that!! and i hope it run much better with this setup ;))

sundog
05-01-2011, 10:57 AM
On port (left) side even with the motor per the instructions (you can download from the MiniCat Racing USA website if you don't have them).
I had two of these and they ran extremely well...

Did yours have the 4000kv venom motor? And did you run it on 3S? That's seems high to me.

sailr
05-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Here are our instructions from our website! It shows the CORRECT position for the lipo.

http://minicatracingusa.com/images/instruct/mhydroisntruct.pdf

Be careful with 3S with 4000KV. You must use a small....27mm prop with that high a wind. Otherwise you will burn it up.

Seems the German distributor isn't giving you very good advice.

inso
05-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi ,

thanks for your answers. Its a Tenshock Viper 4000KV on a 40A Tenshock ESC but i think the esc is to low.... After 1 Lipo the motor dosnt run anymore. Like u said its to much for this low ESC i ordered a bigger one and hope its getting better ;)

I tested it with a 31mm Prop... But it seems to big for the ESC... I hope the esc will come this week and I Can test it with the bigger one, but there will me no problem i think.

Whats the biggest weight the boat should have?? With all stuff inside?

Greetz Inso

sailr
05-02-2011, 05:54 AM
Did you burn up the motor or the esc? You are going to continue to burn things up if you don't put a smaller prop on it! 30mm MAXIMUM, preferably less.

All up weight should be about a pound +/-

inso
05-02-2011, 07:25 AM
I spoke with the german man who sold it..i burned nothing. If i wait a bit the esc runnig again. But after the first lipo i cant run becouse the motor just do a little bit on minimum gas. He told me the esc is damaged. And i get a new one. And theres no problem with running the boat on 35mm prop... What about a bigger esc? Like 80A or higher? The problems should be solved?! Or?

Greetz Inso

martin
05-02-2011, 07:42 AM
If you run 44400rpm unloaded on a 35mm prop on a Tenshock 40 amp esc you will do damage to the esc. Martin

inso
05-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Yes thats sure , i dont want to run with 35...But my problem should be solved with a bigger ESC or?

martin
05-02-2011, 09:08 AM
If you want to start pushing limits on these small boats then you need in my opinion a 60-70amp esc. 80amp is good but it all depends on what you can get in these small boats as size is restricted & most 80amp esc are quite a bit bigger than the 60-70amp ones. If size is not a problem then go for the 80amp, I would. Martin.

inso
05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Thank you martin, i dont want to go on the limit but i just have a big one and dont want to buy a new one ;) Thats the only Point ;) Thanks for your answers. I will give some feedbacks ;)

greetz Felix

martin
05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Its allways nice to know that you can push a bit further if you wish to at some time in the future though. As a lot tend to run very close to the limits on a given esc rather than getting a higher amp esc to start with. It really is false economy buying to lower amp esc as youll end up buying twice. Martin.

inso
05-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi Martin,

it was a Package ;) So i wouldn't use a low A ESC becouse i'am not the one why buy twice ;)

Greets from Germany:thumbup:

bigwaveohs
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Did you burn up the motor or the esc? You are going to continue to burn things up if you don't put a smaller prop on it! 30mm MAXIMUM, preferably less.

All up weight should be about a pound +/-

Jim,
They don't get it.
Pete